Large Spin-Valley Polarization in Monolayer MoTe2 on Top of EuO(111)
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/621522
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe electronic properties of monolayer MoTe2 on top of EuO(111) are studied by first-principles calculations. Strong spin polarization is induced in MoTe2, which results in a large valley polarization. In a longitudinal electric field this will result in a valley and spin-polarized charge Hall effect. The direction of the Hall current as well as the valley and spin polarizations can be tuned by an external magnetic field. Copyright © 2015 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationZhang Q, Yang SA, Mi W, Cheng Y, Schwingenschlögl U (2015) Large Spin-Valley Polarization in Monolayer MoTe 2 on Top of EuO(111) . Advanced Materials 28: 959–966. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201502585.
SponsorsComputational resources had been provided by KAUST IT. Research reported in this publication was supported by the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). Y.C.C. acknowledges financial support from the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Project No. 61575094).
- Large valley polarization in monolayer MoTe<sub>2</sub> on a magnetic substrate.
- Authors: Li N, Zhang J, Xue Y, Zhou T, Yang Z
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 31
- Large Spin-Valley Polarization in Monolayer MoTe2 on Top of EuO(111).
- Authors: Zhang Q, Yang SA, Mi W, Cheng Y, Schwingenschlögl U
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- Valley-spin polarization in the magneto-optical response of silicene and other similar 2D crystals.
- Authors: Tabert CJ, Nicol EJ
- Issue date: 2013 May 10
- Zeeman splitting via spin-valley-layer coupling in bilayer MoTe<sub>2</sub>.
- Authors: Jiang C, Liu F, Cuadra J, Huang Z, Li K, Rasmita A, Srivastava A, Liu Z, Gao WB
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 6
- Enhanced spin polarization and valley polarization in monolayer MoS<sub>2</sub> junctions.
- Authors: Yuan RY, Yang QJ, Guo Y
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 5