The Arabidopsis thalianaK+-uptake permease 7 (AtKUP7) contains a functional cytosolic adenylate cyclase catalytic centre
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/621444
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAdenylate Cyclases (ACs) catalyze the formation of the second messenger cyclic adenosine 3′, 5′-monophosphate (cAMP) from adenosine 5’-triphosphate (ATP). Although cAMP is increasingly recognized as an important signaling molecule in higher plants, ACs have remained somewhat elusive. Here we used a search motif derived from experimentally tested guanylyl cyclases (GCs), substituted the residues essential for substrate specificity and identified the Arabidopsis thaliana K+-uptake permease 7 (AtKUP7) as one of several candidate ACs. Firstly, we show that a recombinant N-terminal, cytosolic domain of AtKUP71-100 is able to complement the AC-deficient mutant cyaA in Escherichia coli and thus restoring the fermentation of lactose, and secondly, we demonstrate with both enzyme immunoassays and mass spectrometry that a recombinant AtKUP71-100 generates cAMP in vitro.
CitationAl-Younis I, Wong A, Gehring C (2015) TheArabidopsis thalianaK+-uptake permease 7 (AtKUP7) contains a functional cytosolic adenylate cyclase catalytic centre. FEBS Letters 589: 3848–3852. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.febslet.2015.11.038.
SponsorsThis project was funded by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology.
- An Arabidopsis Clathrin Assembly Protein with a Predicted Role in Plant Defense Can Function as an Adenylate Cyclase.
- Authors: Chatukuta P, Dikobe TB, Kawadza DT, Sehlabane KS, Takundwa MM, Wong A, Gehring C, Ruzvidzo O
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 23
- The <i>Arabidopsis thaliana</i> K<sup>+</sup>-Uptake Permease 5 (AtKUP5) Contains a Functional Cytosolic Adenylate Cyclase Essential for K<sup>+</sup> Transport.
- Authors: Al-Younis I, Wong A, Lemtiri-Chlieh F, Schmöckel S, Tester M, Gehring C, Donaldson L
- Issue date: 2018
- Recombinant expression and functional testing of candidate adenylate cyclase domains.
- Authors: Ruzvidzo O, Dikobe BT, Kawadza DT, Mabadahanye GH, Chatukuta P, Kwezi L
- Issue date: 2013
- The Arabidopsis thaliana proteome harbors undiscovered multi-domain molecules with functional guanylyl cyclase catalytic centers.
- Authors: Wong A, Gehring C
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 8
- An Arabidopsis thaliana leucine-rich repeat protein harbors an adenylyl cyclase catalytic center and affects responses to pathogens.
- Authors: Bianchet C, Wong A, Quaglia M, Alqurashi M, Gehring C, Ntoukakis V, Pasqualini S
- Issue date: 2019 Jan