Supramolecular Self-Assembly of Histidine-Capped-Dialkoxy-Anthracene: A Visible Light Triggered Platform for facile siRNA Delivery
Khashab, Niveen M.
KAUST DepartmentSmart Hybrid Materials (SHMs) lab
Functional Materials Design, Discovery and Development (FMD3)
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/615926
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSupramolecular self-assembly of histidine-capped-dialkoxy-anthracene (HDA) results in the formation of light responsive nanostructures.Single-crystal X-ray diffraction analysis of HDA shows two types of hydrogen bonding. The first hydrogen bond is established between the imidazole moieties while the second involves the oxygen atom of one amide group and the hydrogen atom of a second amide group. When protonated in acidic aqueous media, HDA successfully complexes siRNA yielding spherical nanostructures. This biocompatible platform controllably delivers siRNA with high efficacy upon visible light irradiation leading up to 90% of gene silencing in live cells.
CitationSupramolecular Self-Assembly of Histidine-Capped-Dialkoxy-Anthracene: A Visible Light Triggered Platform for facile siRNA Delivery 2016 Chemistry - A European Journal
JournalChemistry - A European Journal
- Efficient delivery of Bcl-2-targeted siRNA using cationic polymer nanoparticles: downregulating mRNA expression level and sensitizing cancer cells to anticancer drug.
- Authors: Beh CW, Seow WY, Wang Y, Zhang Y, Ong ZY, Ee PL, Yang YY
- Issue date: 2009 Jan 12
- Small-interfering RNA (siRNA)-based functional micro- and nanostructures for efficient and selective gene silencing.
- Authors: Lee SH, Chung BH, Park TG, Nam YS, Mok H
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 17
- Enhanced silencing and stabilization of siRNA polyplexes by histidine-mediated hydrogen bonds.
- Authors: Chou ST, Hom K, Zhang D, Leng Q, Tricoli LJ, Hustedt JM, Lee A, Shapiro MJ, Seog J, Kahn JD, Mixson AJ
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- Acid-degradable polymer-caged lipoplex (PCL) platform for siRNA delivery: facile cellular triggered release of siRNA.
- Authors: Hong BJ, Chipre AJ, Nguyen ST
- Issue date: 2013 Nov 27
- pH-responsive complexes using prefunctionalized polymers for synchronous delivery of doxorubicin and siRNA to cancer cells.
- Authors: Dong DW, Xiang B, Gao W, Yang ZZ, Li JQ, Qi XR
- Issue date: 2013 Jul