Efficiency Enhancement of InGaN-Based Solar Cells via Stacking Layers of Light-Harvesting Nanospheres
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Electrical Engineering Program
KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/614821
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAn effective light-harvesting scheme for InGaN-based multiple quantum well solar cells is demonstrated using stacking layers of polystyrene nanospheres. Light-harvesting efficiencies on the solar cells covered with varied stacks of nanospheres are evaluated through numerical and experimental methods. The numerical simulation reveals that nanospheres with 3 stacking layers exhibit the most improved optical absorption and haze ratio as compared to those obtained by monolayer nanospheres. The experimental demonstration, agreeing with the theoretical analyses, shows that the application of 3-layer nanospheres improves the conversion efficiency of the solar cell by ~31%.
CitationEfficiency Enhancement of InGaN-Based Solar Cells via Stacking Layers of Light-Harvesting Nanospheres 2016, 6:28671 Scientific Reports
SponsorsThis work was supported by King Abdullah University of Science & Technology (KAUST), and National Central University.
- Solar energy harvesting scheme using syringe-like ZnO nanorod arrays for InGaN/GaN multiple quantum well solar cells.
- Authors: Lin GJ, Lai KY, Lin CA, He JH
- Issue date: 2012 Jan 1
- TiO(2) nanospheres: a facile size-tunable synthesis and effective light-harvesting layer for dye-sensitized solar cells.
- Authors: Wang S, Ding Y, Xu S, Zhang Y, Li G, Hu L, Dai S
- Issue date: 2014 Apr 22
- Demonstration of Resonance Coupling in Scalable Dielectric Microresonator Coatings for Photovoltaics.
- Authors: Ha D, Gong C, Leite MS, Munday JN
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 21
- Hierarchical structures consisting of SiO2 nanorods and p-GaN microdomes for efficiently harvesting solar energy for InGaN quantum well photovoltaic cells.
- Authors: Ho CH, Lien DH, Chang HC, Lin CA, Kang CF, Hsing MK, Lai KY, He JH
- Issue date: 2012 Dec 7
- Enhanced power conversion efficiency in InGaN-based solar cells via graded composition multiple quantum wells.
- Authors: Tsai YL, Wang SW, Huang JK, Hsu LH, Chiu CH, Lee PT, Yu P, Lin CC, Kuo HC
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 30