Changes in the Arabidopsis thaliana Proteome Implicate cAMP in Biotic and Abiotic Stress Responses and Changes in Energy Metabolism
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/614389
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe second messenger 3′,5′-cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) is increasingly recognized as having many different roles in plant responses to environmental stimuli. To gain further insights into these roles, Arabidopsis thaliana cell suspension culture was treated with 100 nM of cell permeant 8-bromo-cAMP for 5 or 10 min. Here, applying mass spectrometry and comparative proteomics, 20 proteins were identified as differentially expressed and we noted a specific bias in proteins with a role in abiotic stress, particularly cold and salinity, biotic stress as well as proteins with a role in glycolysis. These findings suggest that cAMP is sufficient to elicit specific stress responses that may in turn induce complex changes to cellular energy homeostasis.
CitationChanges in the Arabidopsis thaliana Proteome Implicate cAMP in Biotic and Abiotic Stress Responses and Changes in Energy Metabolism 2016, 17 (6):852 International Journal of Molecular Sciences
SponsorsWe thank Ludivine Thomas for her intellectual input during the project.
- Proteomic signatures implicate cAMP in light and temperature responses in Arabidopsis thaliana.
- Authors: Thomas L, Marondedze C, Ederli L, Pasqualini S, Gehring C
- Issue date: 2013 May 27
- Changes in the Phosphoproteome and Metabolome Link Early Signaling Events to Rearrangement of Photosynthesis and Central Metabolism in Salinity and Oxidative Stress Response in Arabidopsis.
- Authors: Chen Y, Hoehenwarter W
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Cyclic mononucleotides modulate potassium and calcium flux responses to H2O2 in Arabidopsis roots.
- Authors: Ordoñez NM, Marondedze C, Thomas L, Pasqualini S, Shabala L, Shabala S, Gehring C
- Issue date: 2014 Mar 18
- Proteome Analysis of Arabidopsis Roots.
- Authors: Nikonorova N, Vu LD, Stes E, Gevaert K, De Smet I
- Issue date: 2018
- Plant responses to ambient temperature fluctuations and water-limiting conditions: A proteome-wide perspective.
- Authors: Johnová P, Skalák J, Saiz-Fernández I, Brzobohatý B
- Issue date: 2016 Aug