High Efficiency Inverted Organic Solar Cells with a Neutral Fulleropyrrolidine Electron Collecting Interlayer
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA novel fulleropyrrolidine derivative, named as FPNOH, was designed, synthesized and utilized as an efficient electron-collecting (EC) layer for inverted organic solar cells (i-OSCs). The grafted diethanolamino-polar moieties can not only trigger its function as an EC interlayer, but also induce orthogonal solubility that guarantees subsequent multi-layer processing without interfacial mixing. A higher power conversion efficiency (PCE) value of 8.34% was achieved for i-OSC devices with ITO/FPNOH EC electrode, compared to that of the sol-gel ZnO based reference devices with an optimized PCE value of 7.92%. High efficiency exceeding 7.7% was still achieved even for the devices with a relatively thick PFNOH film (16.9 nm). It is worthwhile to mention that this kind of material exhibits less thickness dependent performance, in contrast to widely utilized p-type conjugated polyelectrolytes (CPEs) as well as the non-conjugated polyelectrolytes (NCPEs). Further investigation on illuminating intensity dependent parameters revealed the role of FPNOH in reducing interfacial traps-induced recombination at ITO/active layer interface.
CitationHigh Efficiency Inverted Organic Solar Cells with a Neutral Fulleropyrrolidine Electron Collecting Interlayer 2016 ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces
SponsorsWe acknowledge financial support of the National Key Basic Research Program of China (973 Program, 2014CB648300), the National Natural Science Foundation of China (21422402, 20904024, 51173081, 61136003), the Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province (BK20140060, BK20130037, BM2012010), Program for Jiangsu Specially-Appointed Professors (RK030STP15001), Program for New Century Excellent Talents in University (NCET-13-0872), Specialized Research Fund for the Doctoral Program of Higher Education (20133223110008, and 20113223110005), the Synergetic Innovation Center for Organic Electronics and Information Displays, the Priority Academic Program Development of Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions (PAPD), the NUPT "1311 Project", the Six Talent Plan (2012XCL035), the 333 Project (BRA2015374) and the Qing Lan Project of Jiangsu Province.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Well-defined star-shaped conjugated macroelectrolytes as efficient electron-collecting interlayer for inverted polymer solar cells.
- Authors: Xu W, Kan Z, Ye T, Zhao L, Lai WY, Xia R, Lanzani G, Keivanidis PE, Huang W
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 14
- A Self-Organized Poly(vinylpyrrolidone)-Based Cathode Interlayer in Inverted Fullerene-Free Organic Solar Cells.
- Authors: Yang B, Zhang S, Li S, Yao H, Li W, Hou J
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 12
- Improvement of Charge Collection and Performance Reproducibility in Inverted Organic Solar Cells by Suppression of ZnO Subgap States.
- Authors: Wu B, Wu Z, Yang Q, Zhu F, Ng TW, Lee CS, Cheung SH, So SK
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 15
- Air-stable efficient inverted polymer solar cells using solution-processed nanocrystalline ZnO interfacial layer.
- Authors: Tan MJ, Zhong S, Li J, Chen Z, Chen W
- Issue date: 2013 Jun 12
- Organic/Organic Cathode Bi-Interlayers Based on a Water-Soluble Nonconjugated Polymer and an Alcohol-Soluble Conjugated Polymer for High Efficiency Inverted Polymer Solar Cells.
- Authors: Cai P, Jia H, Chen J, Cao Y
- Issue date: 2015 Dec 23