Determination of the electronic, dielectric, and optical properties of sillenite Bi12TiO20 and perovskite-like Bi4Ti3O12 materials from hybrid first-principle calculations
AuthorsLardhi, Sheikha F.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDensity functional theory calculation was conducted to determine the optoelectronic properties of bismuthtitanate sillenite (Bi12TiO20) and perovskite-like (Bi4Ti3O12) structures. The lattice parameters were experimentally obtained from Rietveld analysis. The density functional perturbation theory approach was used with the standard Perdew–Burke–Ernzerhof functional and screened Coulomb hybrid Heyd–Scuseria–Ernzerhof functional to investigate the electronic structure and absorption coefficient. Both compounds have good carrier transport properties, low effective hole and electron masses, high dielectric constant, and low exciton binding energy.
CitationDetermination of the electronic, dielectric, and optical properties of sillenite Bi12TiO20 and perovskite-like Bi4Ti3O12 materials from hybrid first-principle calculations 2016, 144 (13):134702 The Journal of Chemical Physics
SponsorsThe research reported in this publication was supported by funding from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). It used the Noor Cluster, which is a hybrid performance cluster and a resource of IT Research Computing at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). The authors thank them for the computational time dedicated to this project.
JournalThe Journal of Chemical Physics
- Gaussian attenuation hybrid scheme applied to the Ernzerhof-Perdew exchange hole model (Gau-PBEh).
- Authors: Song JW, Yamashita K, Hirao K
- Issue date: 2012 Dec 28
- The electronic and optical properties of quaternary GaAs1-x-y N x Bi y alloy lattice-matched to GaAs: a first-principles study.
- Authors: Ma X, Li D, Zhao S, Li G, Yang K
- Issue date: 2014
- Efficient hybrid density functional calculations in solids: assessment of the Heyd-Scuseria-Ernzerhof screened Coulomb hybrid functional.
- Authors: Heyd J, Scuseria GE
- Issue date: 2004 Jul 15
- Density-functional calculations of the structure of near-surface oxygen vacancies and electron localization on CeO2(111).
- Authors: Ganduglia-Pirovano MV, Da Silva JL, Sauer J
- Issue date: 2009 Jan 16
- Accurate prediction of the electronic properties of low-dimensional graphene derivatives using a screened hybrid density functional.
- Authors: Barone V, Hod O, Peralta JE, Scuseria GE
- Issue date: 2011 Apr 19