Simple activation by acid of latent Ru-NHC-based metathesis initiators bearing 8-quinolinolate co-ligands
KAUST DepartmentChemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/600717
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA straightforward synthesis utilizing the ring-opening metathesis polymerization (ROMP) reaction is described for acid-triggered N,O-chelating ruthenium-based pre-catalysts bearing one or two 8-quinolinolate ligands. The innovative pre-catalysts were tested regarding their behavior in ROMP and especially for their use in the synthesis of poly(dicyclopentadiene) (pDCPD). Bearing either the common phosphine leaving ligand in the first and second Grubbs olefin metathesis catalysts, or the Ru–O bond cleavage for the next Hoveyda-type catalysts, this work is a step forward towards the control of polymer functionalization and living or switchable polymerizations.
CitationSimple activation by acid of latent Ru-NHC-based metathesis initiators bearing 8-quinolinolate co-ligands 2016, 12:154 Beilstein Journal of Organic Chemistry
SponsorsA.P. thanks the Spanish MINECO for a project CTQ2014-59832-JIN, and European Commission for a Career Integration Grant (CIG09-GA-2011-293900). L.C. thanks King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (CCF project) for support.
RelationsIs Supplemented By:
- Chelating ruthenium phenolate complexes: synthesis, general catalytic activity, and applications in olefin metathesis polymerization.
- Authors: Kozłowska A, Dranka M, Zachara J, Pump E, Slugovc C, Skowerski K, Grela K
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 20
- Grubbs-Hoveyda type catalysts bearing a dicationic N-heterocyclic carbene for biphasic olefin metathesis reactions in ionic liquids.
- Authors: Koy M, Altmann HJ, Autenrieth B, Frey W, Buchmeiser MR
- Issue date: 2015
- Hexacoordinate Ru-based olefin metathesis catalysts with pH-responsive N-heterocyclic carbene (NHC) and N-donor ligands for ROMP reactions in non-aqueous, aqueous and emulsion conditions.
- Authors: Balof SL, Nix KO, Olliff MS, Roessler SE, Saha A, Müller KB, Behrens U, Valente EJ, Schanz HJ
- Issue date: 2015
- Hoveyda-Grubbs catalysts with an N→Ru coordinate bond in a six-membered ring. Synthesis of stable, industrially scalable, highly efficient ruthenium metathesis catalysts and 2-vinylbenzylamine ligands as their precursors.
- Authors: Polyanskii KB, Alekseeva KA, Raspertov PV, Kumandin PA, Nikitina EV, Gurbanov AV, Zubkov FI
- Issue date: 2019
- Olefin metathesis catalysts bearing a pH-responsive NHC ligand: a feasible approach to catalyst separation from RCM products.
- Authors: Balof SL, P'pool SJ, Berger NJ, Valente EJ, Shiller AM, Schanz HJ
- Issue date: 2008 Nov 14