Draft Genome Sequence of Uncultured SAR324 Bacterium lautmerah10, Binned from a Red Sea Metagenome
KAUST DepartmentRed Sea Research Center (RSRC)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA draft genome of SAR324 bacterium lautmerah10 was assembled from a metagenome of a surface water sample from the Red Sea, Saudi Arabia. The genome is more complete and has a higher G+C content than that of previously sequenced SAR324 representatives. Its genomic information shows a versatile metabolism that confers an advantage to SAR324, which is reflected in its distribution throughout different depths of the marine water column.
CitationDraft Genome Sequence of Uncultured SAR324 Bacterium lautmerah10, Binned from a Red Sea Metagenome 2016, 4 (1):e01711-15 Genome Announcements
SponsorsKing Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) provided funding to Mohamed Fauzi Haroon, Luke R. Thompson, and Ulrich Stingl. Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) provided funding to Luke R. Thompson and Ulrich Stingl. This study was supported by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology through a postdoctoral fellowship to L.R.T. from the Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) and the SABIC presidential chair to U.S.
PublisherAmerican Society for Microbiology
- Draft Genome Sequence of "<i>Candidatus</i> Synechococcus spongiarum" m9, Binned from a Metagenome of South China Sea Sponge <i>Theonella swinhoei</i>.
- Authors: Liu F, Li J, Li Z
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 9
- Delta-proteobacterial SAR324 group in hydrothermal plumes on the South Mid-Atlantic Ridge.
- Authors: Cao H, Dong C, Bougouffa S, Li J, Zhang W, Shao Z, Bajic VB, Qian PY
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 8
- Metabolic flexibility of enigmatic SAR324 revealed through metagenomics and metatranscriptomics.
- Authors: Sheik CS, Jain S, Dick GJ
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- Draft Genome Sequence of Plant Growth-Promoting Micrococcus luteus Strain K39 Isolated from Cyperus conglomeratus in Saudi Arabia.
- Authors: Lafi FF, Ramirez-Prado JS, Alam I, Bajic VB, Hirt H, Saad MM
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 26
- High-Quality Draft Single-Cell Genome Sequence of the NS5 Marine Group from the Coastal Red Sea.
- Authors: Ngugi DK, Stingl U
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 21