Draft Genome Sequence of Uncultured SAR324 Bacterium lautmerah10, Binned from a Red Sea Metagenome
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Marine Science Program
Red Sea Research Center (RSRC)
Online Publication Date2016-02-11
Print Publication Date2016-02-25
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/600686
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA draft genome of SAR324 bacterium lautmerah10 was assembled from a metagenome of a surface water sample from the Red Sea, Saudi Arabia. The genome is more complete and has a higher G+C content than that of previously sequenced SAR324 representatives. Its genomic information shows a versatile metabolism that confers an advantage to SAR324, which is reflected in its distribution throughout different depths of the marine water column.
CitationDraft Genome Sequence of Uncultured SAR324 Bacterium lautmerah10, Binned from a Red Sea Metagenome 2016, 4 (1):e01711-15 Genome Announcements
SponsorsKing Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) provided funding to Mohamed Fauzi Haroon, Luke R. Thompson, and Ulrich Stingl. Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) provided funding to Luke R. Thompson and Ulrich Stingl. This study was supported by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology through a postdoctoral fellowship to L.R.T. from the Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) and the SABIC presidential chair to U.S.
PublisherAmerican Society for Microbiology
RelationsIs Supplemented By:
- A catalogue of 136 microbial draft genomes from Red Sea metagenomes.
- Authors: Haroon MF, Thompson LR, Parks DH, Hugenholtz P, Stingl U
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 5
- Draft Genome Sequence of "<i>Candidatus</i> Synechococcus spongiarum" m9, Binned from a Metagenome of South China Sea Sponge <i>Theonella swinhoei</i>.
- Authors: Liu F, Li J, Li Z
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 9
- Delta-proteobacterial SAR324 group in hydrothermal plumes on the South Mid-Atlantic Ridge.
- Authors: Cao H, Dong C, Bougouffa S, Li J, Zhang W, Shao Z, Bajic VB, Qian PY
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 8
- Phylogeny and physiology of candidate phylum BRC1 inferred from the first complete metagenome-assembled genome obtained from deep subsurface aquifer.
- Authors: Kadnikov VV, Mardanov AV, Beletsky AV, Rakitin AL, Frank YA, Karnachuk OV, Ravin NV
- Issue date: 2019 Jan
- Metabolic flexibility of enigmatic SAR324 revealed through metagenomics and metatranscriptomics.
- Authors: Sheik CS, Jain S, Dick GJ
- Issue date: 2014 Jan