Aspergilones A and B, two benzylazaphilones with an unprecedented carbon skeleton from the gorgonian-derived fungus Aspergillus sp.
AuthorsShao, Chang Lun
Wang, Chang Yun
Wei, Mei Yan
Gu, Yu Cheng
She, Zhi Gang
Lin, Yong Cheng
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/600226
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTwo novel benzylazaphilone derivatives with an unprecedented carbon skeleton, aspergilone A (1), and its symmetrical dimer with a unique methylene bridge, aspergilone B (2), have been isolated from the culture broth of a marine-derived fungus Aspergillus sp. from a gorgonian Dichotella gemmacea. Their structures and relative stereochemistries of 1 and 2 were elucidated using a combination of NMR spectroscopy and X-ray crystallography. Compound 1 not only exhibited in vitro selective cytotoxicity but also showed potent antifouling activity. © 2010 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
CitationShao C-L, Wang C-Y, Wei M-Y, Gu Y-C, She Z-G, et al. (2011) Aspergilones A and B, two benzylazaphilones with an unprecedented carbon skeleton from the gorgonian-derived fungus Aspergillus sp. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters 21: 690–693. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bmcl.2010.12.005.
SponsorsThis work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 30901879; 40976077; 40776073), the Research Fund for the Doctoral Program of Higher Education, Ministry of Education of China (No. 20090132110002), and the Basic Research Program of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology of China (No. 2007FY210500).
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Antifouling Compounds from the Marine-Derived Fungus Aspergillus terreus SCSGAF0162.
- Authors: Nong XH, Zhang XY, Xu XY, Qi SH
- Issue date: 2015 Jun
- Chaetoglobins A and B, two unusual alkaloids from endophytic Chaetomium globosum culture.
- Authors: Ming Ge H, Yun Zhang W, Ding G, Saparpakorn P, Chun Song Y, Hannongbua S, Tan RX
- Issue date: 2008 Dec 7
- Potent antifouling resorcylic acid lactones from the gorgonian-derived fungus Cochliobolus lunatus.
- Authors: Shao CL, Wu HX, Wang CY, Liu QA, Xu Y, Wei MY, Qian PY, Gu YC, Zheng CJ, She ZG, Lin YC
- Issue date: 2011 Apr 25
- A novel tricyclic polyketide and its biosynthetic precursor azaphilone derivatives from the endophytic fungus Dothideomycete sp.
- Authors: Senadeera SP, Wiyakrutta S, Mahidol C, Ruchirawat S, Kittakoop P
- Issue date: 2012 Sep 21
- Azaphilone pigments from a yellow mutant of the fungus Monascus kaoliang.
- Authors: Jongrungruangchok S, Kittakoop P, Yongsmith B, Bavovada R, Tanasupawat S, Lartpornmatulee N, Thebtaranonth Y
- Issue date: 2004 Sep