[Au]/[Pd] Multicatalytic Processes: Direct One-Pot Access to Benzo[ c ]chromenes and Benzo[ b ]furans
Martin, Anthony R.
Slawin, Alexandra M. Z.
Nolan, Steven P.
Online Publication Date2014-08-28
Print Publication Date2014-10-13
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/600209
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA new synthetic protocol that combines the advantages offered by eco-friendly solvent-free reactions and sequential transformations is reported. This strategy offers straightforward access to benzo[c]chromenes and benzo[b]furans from commercially available starting materials. This two-step, one-pot strategy consists of an Au-catalyzed hydrophenoxylation process followed by Pd-catalyzed C-H activation or Mizoroki-Heck reactions. The selectivity of the process towards C-H activation or Mizoroki-Heck reaction can be easily tuned. © 2014 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationOonishi Y, Gómez-Suárez A, Martin AR, Makida Y, Slawin AMZ, et al. (2014) [Au]/[Pd] Multicatalytic Processes: Direct One-Pot Access to Benzo[ c ]chromenes and Benzo[ b ]furans . Chem Eur J 20: 13507–13510. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/chem.201404630.
SponsorsThe ERC (Advanced Investigator Award-FUNCAT), EPSRC, and Syngenta are gratefully acknowledged for support. Umicore AG is acknowledged for their generous gift of materials. The EPSRC National Mass Spectrometry Service Centre (NMSSC) is gratefully acknowledged for HRMS analyses. S.P.N. is a Royal Society Wolfson Research Merit Award holder. S.P.N. thanks King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (CCF project) for support. Y.O. thanks the Uehara Memorial Foundation for a Research Fellowship.
JournalChemistry - A European Journal
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- The Au(I)-catalyzed intramolecular hydroarylation of terminal alkynes under mild conditions: application to the synthesis of 2H-chromenes, coumarins, benzofurans, and dihydroquinolines.
- Authors: Menon RS, Findlay AD, Bissember AC, Banwell MG
- Issue date: 2009 Nov 20
- Direct access to benzo[b]furans through palladium-catalyzed oxidative annulation of phenols and unactivated internal alkynes.
- Authors: Kuram MR, Bhanuchandra M, Sahoo AK
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 22
- One-pot synthesis of substituted benzo[b]furans from mono- and dichlorophenols using palladium catalysts bearing dihydroxyterphenylphosphine.
- Authors: Yamaguchi M, Katsumata H, Manabe K
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 20
- Construction of 2-substituted-3-functionalized benzofurans via intramolecular Heck coupling: application to enantioselective total synthesis of daphnodorin B.
- Authors: Yuan H, Bi KJ, Li B, Yue RC, Ye J, Shen YH, Shan L, Jin HZ, Sun QY, Zhang WD
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 20
- A one-pot domino C-H, C-C activation in coumarins: a fast track to 2,3-diaryl benzo[b]furans.
- Authors: Khoobi M, Molaverdi F, Jafarpour F, Abbasnia M, Kubicki M, Shafiee A
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 25