Well-Defined Copper(I) Fluoroalkoxide Complexes for Trifluoroethoxylation of Aryl and Heteroaryl Bromides
Online Publication Date2015-03-17
Print Publication Date2015-05-04
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/600190
MetadataShow full item record
Abstract© 2015 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim. Copper(I) fluoroalkoxide complexes bearing dinitrogen ligands were synthesized and the structure and reactivity of the complexes toward trifluoroethoxylation, pentafluoropropoxylation, and tetrafluoropropoxylation of aryl and heteroaryl bromides were investigated. Efficiency drive: A series of copper(I) fluoroalkoxide complexes bearing N,N ligands have been prepared and structurally characterized. These well-defined complexes serve as efficient reagents for the fluoroalkoxylation of aryl and heteroaryl bromides to produce a wide range of trifluoroethyl, pentafluoropropyl, and tetrafluoropropyl (hetero)aryl ethers in good to excellent yields.
CitationHuang R, Huang Y, Lin X, Rong M, Weng Z (2015) Well-Defined Copper(I) Fluoroalkoxide Complexes for Trifluoroethoxylation of Aryl and Heteroaryl Bromides. Angew Chem Int Ed 54: 5736–5739. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/anie.201501257.
SponsorsFinancial support from the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) (grant number 21372044), the Research Fund for the Doctoral Program of Higher Education of China (grant number 20123514110003), and Fuzhou University (grant numbers 022318, 022494) is gratefully acknowledged. We thank Prof. Kuo-Wei Huang (KAUST) for insightful discussions.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Copper-mediated perfluoroalkylation of heteroaryl bromides with (phen)CuRF.
- Authors: Mormino MG, Fier PS, Hartwig JF
- Issue date: 2014 Mar 21
- Corrigendum: Well-Defined Copper(I) Fluoroalkoxide Complexes for Trifluoroethoxylation of Aryl and Heteroaryl Bromides.
- Authors: Huang R, Huang Y, Lin X, Rong M, Weng Z
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 6
- Copper-catalyzed trifluoromethylthiolation of aryl halides with diverse directing groups.
- Authors: Xu J, Mu X, Chen P, Ye J, Liu G
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 1
- Direct synthesis of pentafluoroethyl copper from pentafluoropropionate as an economical C2F5 source: application to pentafluoroethylation of arylboronic acids and aryl bromides.
- Authors: Serizawa H, Aikawa K, Mikami K
- Issue date: 2014 Jul 3
- Copper-Catalyzed Cyclopropanol Ring Opening Csp(3)-Csp(3) Cross-Couplings with (Fluoro)Alkyl Halides.
- Authors: Ye Z, Gettys KE, Shen X, Dai M
- Issue date: 2015 Dec 18