Wafer-Scale High-Throughput Ordered Growth of Vertically Aligned ZnO Nanowire Arrays
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/600180
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis article presents an effective approach for patterned growth of vertically aligned ZnO nanowire (NW) arrays with high throughput and low cost at wafer scale without using cleanroom technology. Periodic hole patterns are generated using laser interference lithography on substrates coated with the photoresist SU-8. ZnO NWs are selectively grown through the holes via a low-temperature hydrothermal method without using a catalyst and with a superior control over orientation, location/density, and as-synthesized morphology. The development of textured ZnO seed layers for replacing single crystalline GaN and ZnO substrates extends the large-scale fabrication of vertically aligned ZnO NW arrays on substrates of other materials, such as polymers, Si, and glass. This combined approach demonstrates a novel method of manufacturing large-scale patterned one-dimensional nanostructures on various substrates for applications in energy harvesting, sensing, optoelectronics, and electronic devices. © 2010 American Chemical Society.
CitationWei Y, Wu W, Guo R, Yuan D, Das S, et al. (2010) Wafer-Scale High-Throughput Ordered Growth of Vertically Aligned ZnO Nanowire Arrays. Nano Lett 10: 3414–3419. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/nl1014298.
SponsorsResearch was supported by DARPA (Army/AMCOM/REDSTONE AR, W31P4Q-08-1-0009), BES DOE (DE-FG02-07ER46394), KAUST Global Research Partnership, NSF (DMS0706436, CMMI 0403671), MANA WPI program from NIMS, Japan, and the Georgia Institute of Technology. The authors thank Dr. Jung-II Hong and Shu Xiang for technical assistance and discussions on XRD measurements.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Patterned growth of vertically aligned ZnO nanowire arrays on inorganic substrates at low temperature without catalyst.
- Authors: Xu S, Wei Y, Kirkham M, Liu J, Mai W, Davidovic D, Snyder RL, Wang ZL
- Issue date: 2008 Nov 12
- Controllable synthesis of branched ZnO/Si nanowire arrays with hierarchical structure.
- Authors: Huang S, Yang Q, Yu B, Li D, Zhao R, Li S, Kang J
- Issue date: 2014
- Controlled synthesis of ultra-long vertically aligned BaTiO3 nanowire arrays for sensing and energy harvesting applications.
- Authors: Koka A, Zhou Z, Tang H, Sodano HA
- Issue date: 2014 Sep 19
- Synthesis of Vertically Aligned ZnO Nanorods Using Sol-gel Seeding and Colloidal Lithography Patterning.
- Authors: Chalangar E, Nur O, Willander M, Gustafsson A, Pettersson H
- Issue date: 2021 Mar 12
- A Comparative Study on the Effects of Au, ZnO and AZO Seed Layers on the Performance of ZnO Nanowire-Based Piezoelectric Nanogenerators.
- Authors: Justeau C, Slimani Tlemcani T, Poulin-Vittrant G, Nadaud K, Alquier D
- Issue date: 2019 Aug 7