Unconventional Face-On Texture and Exceptional In-Plane Order of a High Mobility n-Type Polymer
Toney, Michael F.
Kauvar, Isaac V.
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-C1-015-21
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSubstantial in-plane crystallinity and dominant face-on stacking are observed in thin films of a high-mobility n-type rylene-thiophene copolymer. Spun films of the polymer, previously thought to have little or no order are found to exhibit an ordered microstructure at both interfaces, and in the bulk. The implications of this type of packing and crystalline morphology are discussed as they relate to thin-film transistors. © 2010 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationRivnay J, Toney MF, Zheng Y, Kauvar IV, Chen Z, et al. (2010) Unconventional Face-On Texture and Exceptional In-Plane Order of a High Mobility n-Type Polymer. Advanced Materials 22: 4359–4363. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201001202.
SponsorsPortions of this research were carried out at the Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Lightsource, a national user facility operated by Stanford University on behalf of the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Basic Energy Sciences. A.S. and J.R. gratefully acknowledge financial support from the National Science Foundation in the form of, respectively, a Career Award and a Graduate Student Fellowship. This publication was partially based on work supported by the Center for Advanced Molecular Photovoltaics (Award No KUS-C1-015-21), made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Large scale crystallinity in kinetically stable polythiophene-based Langmuir-Blodgett films.
- Authors: Mattu JS, Leach GW
- Issue date: 2010 Mar 10
- X-ray scattering study of thin films of poly(2,5-bis(3-alkylthiophen-2-yl)thieno[3,2-b]thiophene).
- Authors: Chabinyc ML, Toney MF, Kline RJ, McCulloch I, Heeney M
- Issue date: 2007 Mar 21
- Observation of a distinct surface molecular orientation in films of a high mobility conjugated polymer.
- Authors: Schuettfort T, Thomsen L, McNeill CR
- Issue date: 2013 Jan 23
- Design, synthesis, and characterization of ladder-type molecules and polymers. Air-stable, solution-processable n-channel and ambipolar semiconductors for thin-film transistors via experiment and theory.
- Authors: Usta H, Risko C, Wang Z, Huang H, Deliomeroglu MK, Zhukhovitskiy A, Facchetti A, Marks TJ
- Issue date: 2009 Apr 22
- From monolayer to multilayer N-channel polymeric field-effect transistors with precise conformational order.
- Authors: Fabiano S, Musumeci C, Chen Z, Scandurra A, Wang H, Loo YL, Facchetti A, Pignataro B
- Issue date: 2012 Feb 14