KAUST Grant NumberKUS-C1-016-04
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/600126
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn this paper, we propose a new and accurate technique for uncertainty analysis and uncertainty visualization based on fiber orientation distribution function (ODF) glyphs, associated with high angular resolution diffusion imaging (HARDI). Our visualization applies volume rendering techniques to an ensemble of 3D ODF glyphs, which we call SIP functions of diffusion shapes, to capture their variability due to underlying uncertainty. This rendering elucidates the complex heteroscedastic structural variation in these shapes. Furthermore, we quantify the extent of this variation by measuring the fraction of the volume of these shapes, which is consistent across all noise levels, the certain volume ratio. Our uncertainty analysis and visualization framework is then applied to synthetic data, as well as to HARDI human-brain data, to study the impact of various image acquisition parameters and background noise levels on the diffusion shapes. © 2012 IEEE.
CitationJiao F, Phillips JM, Gur Y, Johnson CR (2012) Uncertainty visualization in HARDI based on ensembles of ODFs. 2012 IEEE Pacific Visualization Symposium. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/PacificVis.2012.6183591.
SponsorsSupported by NIH/NCRR Center for Integrative Biomedical Computing, 2P41-RR12553-12, Award KUS-C1-016-04, by KAUST, and DOE SciDAC VACET andDOE NETL, by subaward to the Univ. Utah under NSF award 1019343 to CRA, andby NIH Autism Center of Excellence grant (NIMH and NICHD #HD055741).
PubMed Central IDPMC3898522
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- How does B-value affect HARDI reconstruction using clinical diffusion MRI data?
- Authors: Xie S, Zuo N, Shang L, Song M, Fan L, Jiang T
- Issue date: 2015
- Nonnegative definite EAP and ODF estimation via a unified multi-shell HARDI reconstruction.
- Authors: Cheng J, Jiang T, Deriche R
- Issue date: 2012
- Estimation of the CSA-ODF using Bayesian compressed sensing of multi-shell HARDI.
- Authors: Duarte-Carvajalino JM, Lenglet C, Xu J, Yacoub E, Ugurbil K, Moeller S, Carin L, Sapiro G
- Issue date: 2014 Nov
- Assessment of the Characteristics of Orientation Distribution Functions in HARDI Using Morphological Metrics.
- Authors: Sun CY, Zhu YM, Chu CY, Yang F, Liu WY, Korenberg JR, Hsu EW
- Issue date: 2016
- Diffeomorphic metric mapping of high angular resolution diffusion imaging based on Riemannian structure of orientation distribution functions.
- Authors: Du J, Goh A, Qiu A
- Issue date: 2012 May