Tunable Mesoporous Bragg Reflectors Based on Block-Copolymer Self-Assembly
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-C1-018-02
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMesoporous Bragg reflectors are a promising materials platform for photovoltaics, light emission, and sensing. A fast and versatile fabrication route that relies on the self-assembly of the block copolymer poly(isoprene-b-ethylene oxide) in combination with simple sol-gel chemistry is reported. The method allows extended control over porosity and pore size in the resulting inorganic material and results in high-quality optical elements. © 2011 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationGuldin S, Kolle M, Stefik M, Langford R, Eder D, et al. (2011) Tunable Mesoporous Bragg Reflectors Based on Block-Copolymer Self-Assembly. Advanced Materials 23: 3664–3668. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201100640.
SponsorsThis work was funded in part by the EPSRC (EP/F056702/1 and EP/F065884/1), the Department of Energy (DE-FG02 87ER45298) through the Cornell Fuel Cell Institute (CFCI), and the National Science Foundation (DMR-0605856). This publication is based on work supported in part by Award No. KUS-C1-018-02, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). M.S. was supported by the Cornell Fuel Cell Institute and the Energy Materials Center at Cornell (EMC2), an Energy Frontier Research Center funded by the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Science, Office of Basic Energy Sciences under Award Number DE-SC0001086. The authors thank Prof. Jeremy Baumberg and Dr. Silvia Vignolini for help with the optical characterization and useful discussions.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Mesoporous bragg stack color tunable sensors.
- Authors: Choi SY, Mamak M, von Freymann G, Chopra N, Ozin GA
- Issue date: 2006 Nov
- Surface-induced breakout crystallization in cylinder-forming P(I-b-EO) diblock copolymer thin films.
- Authors: Papadakis CM, Darko C, Di Z, Troll K, Metwalli E, Timmann A, Reiter G, Förster S
- Issue date: 2011 Jan
- Synthesis and photochromism of tungstophosphate-functionalized ordered mesoporous hybrid silica.
- Authors: Luo X, Yang C
- Issue date: 2011 Mar
- Fabrication of supported mesoporous TiO2 membranes: matching the assembled and interparticle pores for an improved ultrafiltration performance.
- Authors: Jing W, Huang W, Xing W, Wang Y, Jin W, Fan Y
- Issue date: 2009 Jul
- Introduction of bridging and pendant organic groups into mesoporous alumina materials.
- Authors: Grant SM, Woods SM, Gericke A, Jaroniec M
- Issue date: 2011 Nov