Transition by breaking of analyticity in the ground state of Josephson junction arrays as a static signature of the vortex jamming transition
KAUST Grant NumberKUK-I1-005-04
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/600064
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe investigate the ground state of the irrationally frustrated Josephson junction array with a controlling anisotropy parameter λ that is the ratio of the longitudinal Josephson coupling to the transverse one. We find that the ground state has one-dimensional periodicity whose reciprocal lattice vector depends on λ and is incommensurate with the substrate lattice. Approaching the isotropic point λ=1, the so-called hull function of the ground state exhibits analyticity breaking similar to the Aubry transition in the Frenkel-Kontorova model. We find a scaling law for the harmonic spectrum of the hull functions, which suggests the existence of a characteristic length scale diverging at the isotropic point. This critical behavior is directly connected to the jamming transition previously observed in the current-voltage characteristics by a numerical simulation. On top of the ground state there is a gapless continuous band of metastable states, which exhibit the same critical behavior as the ground state. © 2012 American Physical Society.
CitationNogawa T, Yoshino H, Kim B (2012) Transition by breaking of analyticity in the ground state of Josephson junction arrays as a static signature of the vortex jamming transition. Phys Rev E 85. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.85.051132.
SponsorsThis work was supported by a Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C) (Grant No. 21540386), a Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research on Priority Areas “Novel States of Matter Induced by Frustration”(Grant No. 1905200*), and King Abdullah University of Science and Technology Global Research Partnership (Grant No. KUK-I1-005-04).
PublisherAmerican Physical Society (APS)
JournalPhysical Review E
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Vortex solid phase with frozen undulations in superconducting Josephson-junction arrays in external magnetic fields.
- Authors: Yoshino H, Nogawa T, Kim B
- Issue date: 2010 Dec 17
- Frustrated polyelectrolyte bundles and T= 0 Josephson-junction arrays.
- Authors: Grason GM, Bruinsma RF
- Issue date: 2006 Jul 14
- Nonequilibrium transitions in fully frustrated Josephson junction arrays.
- Authors: Marconi VI, Domínguez D
- Issue date: 2001 Jul 2
- Friction and second-order phase transitions.
- Authors: Einax M, Schulz M, Trimper S
- Issue date: 2004 Oct
- Critical behavior of frustrated Josephson junction arrays with bond disorder.
- Authors: Yun YJ, Baek IC, Choi MY
- Issue date: 2002 Jul 15