Transformation of Carbon Dioxide with Homogeneous Transition-Metal Catalysts: A Molecular Solution to a Global Challenge?
KAUST Grant NumberKSA-C0069/UK-C0020
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/600059
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA plethora of methods have been developed over the years so that carbon dioxide can be used as a reactant in organic synthesis. Given the abundance of this compound, its utilization in synthetic chemistry, particularly on an industrial scale, is still at a rather low level. In the last 35 years, considerable research has been performed to find catalytic routes to transform CO 2 into carboxylic acids, esters, lactones, and polymers in an economic way. This Review presents an overview of the available homogeneous catalytic routes that use carbon dioxide as a C 1 carbon source for the synthesis of industrial products as well as fine chemicals. Copyright © 2011 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationCokoja M, Bruckmeier C, Rieger B, Herrmann WA, Kühn FE (2011) Transformation of Carbon Dioxide with Homogeneous Transition-Metal Catalysts: A Molecular Solution to a Global Challenge? Angew Chem Int Ed 50: 8510–8537. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/anie.201102010.
SponsorsThis publication was based on work supported by Award No. KSA-C0069/UK-C0020, made by the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Sequential protocol for C(sp3)-H carboxylation with CO2: transition-metal-catalyzed benzylic C-H silylation and fluoride-mediated carboxylation.
- Authors: Mita T, Michigami K, Sato Y
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 6
- Modern multiphase catalysis: new developments in the separation of homogeneous catalysts.
- Authors: Muldoon MJ
- Issue date: 2010 Jan 14
- Carboxylic acids as substrates in homogeneous catalysis.
- Authors: Goossen LJ, Rodríguez N, Goossen K
- Issue date: 2008
- Rhodium(I)-catalyzed carboxylation of aryl- and alkenylboronic esters with CO2.
- Authors: Ukai K, Aoki M, Takaya J, Iwasawa N
- Issue date: 2006 Jul 12
- Silver(I)-catalyzed carboxylation of arylboronic esters with CO2.
- Authors: Zhang X, Zhang WZ, Shi LL, Guo CX, Zhang LL, Lu XB
- Issue date: 2012 Jun 25