KAUST Grant NumberKUS-C1-018-02
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/599950
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report a novel aluminium-ion rechargeable battery comprised of an electrolyte containing AlCl3 in the ionic liquid, 1-ethyl-3-methylimidazolium chloride, and a V2O5 nano-wire cathode against an aluminium metal anode. The battery delivered a discharge capacity of 305 mAh g-1 in the first cycle and 273 mAh g-1 after 20 cycles, with very stable electrochemical behaviour. © The Royal Society of Chemistry 2011.
CitationJayaprakash N, Das SK, Archer LA (2011) The rechargeable aluminum-ion battery. Chem Commun 47: 12610. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c1cc15779e.
SponsorsThis publication was based on work supported in part by the Energy Materials Center at Cornell, an Energy Frontier Research Center funded by the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Basic Energy Sciences, under Award Number DE-SC0001086, and by Award No. KUS-C1-018-02, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). Facilities available through the Cornell Center for Materials Research (CCMR) were also used for this study.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Electrochemical properties of an aluminum anode in an ionic liquid electrolyte for rechargeable aluminum-ion batteries.
- Authors: Choi S, Go H, Lee G, Tak Y
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 29
- Binder-free V2O5 cathode for greener rechargeable aluminum battery.
- Authors: Wang H, Bai Y, Chen S, Luo X, Wu C, Wu F, Lu J, Amine K
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 14
- An ultrafast rechargeable aluminium-ion battery.
- Authors: Lin MC, Gong M, Lu B, Wu Y, Wang DY, Guan M, Angell M, Chen C, Yang J, Hwang BJ, Dai H
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 16
- Rechargeable Ni-Li battery integrated aqueous/nonaqueous system.
- Authors: Li H, Wang Y, Na H, Liu H, Zhou H
- Issue date: 2009 Oct 28
- VOCl as a Cathode for Rechargeable Chloride Ion Batteries.
- Authors: Gao P, Reddy MA, Mu X, Diemant T, Zhang L, Zhao-Karger Z, Chakravadhanula VS, Clemens O, Behm RJ, Fichtner M
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 18