AuthorsDay, Joshua J.
McFadden, Ryan M.
Virgil, Scott C.
Alleva, Jennifer L.
Stoltz, Brian M.
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-11-006-02
Online Publication Date2011-06-10
Print Publication Date2011-07-18
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/599884
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRing a ding: The meroterpenoid natural product (+)-liphagal has been synthesized enantioselectively in 19 steps from commercially available materials. The trans-homodecalin system was achieved by ring expansion followed by stereoselective hydrogenation. Copyright © 2011 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationDay JJ, McFadden RM, Virgil SC, Kolding H, Alleva JL, et al. (2011) The Catalytic Enantioselective Total Synthesis of (+)-Liphagal. Angew Chem Int Ed 50: 6814–6818. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/anie.201101842.
SponsorsThis publication is based on work supported by Award No. KUS-11-006-02, made by the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). We wish to thank the NIH-NIGMS (R01M080269-01), the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation, Abbott, Amgen, Boehringer Ingelheim, and Caltech for generous funding. R.M.M. thanks Eli Lilly for a graduate fellowship. H.K. acknowledges the travelling scholarship of the Danish Technical University, the Jorcks foundation, and the Otto Mønsteds foundation for financial support. J.L.A. gratefully acknowledges the Amgen Foundation for funding through the Amgen Scholars program. We thank Prof. E. N. Jacobsen and Dr. S. J. Zuend for a kind donation of both (R)-t-leucine and their optimal Strecker catalyst.
PubMed Central IDPMC3361906
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Biomimetic synthetic studies on meroterpenoids from the marine sponge Aka coralliphaga: Divergent total syntheses of siphonodictyal B, liphagal and corallidictyals A-D.
- Authors: Kuan KKW, Markwell-Heys AW, Cruickshank MC, Tran DP, Adlington RM, Baldwin JE, George JH
- Issue date: 2019 Jun 15
- Total Synthesis of Bioactive Marine Meroterpenoids: The Cases of Liphagal and Frondosin B.
- Authors: Zong Y, Wang W, Xu T
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 31
- Liphagal, a Selective inhibitor of PI3 kinase alpha isolated from the sponge akacoralliphaga: structure elucidation and biomimetic synthesis.
- Authors: Marion F, Williams DE, Patrick BO, Hollander I, Mallon R, Kim SC, Roll DM, Feldberg L, Van Soest R, Andersen RJ
- Issue date: 2006 Jan 19
- Total synthesis of (+/-)-frondosin B and (+/-)-5-epi-liphagal by using a concise (4+3) cycloaddition approach.
- Authors: Laplace DR, Verbraeken B, Van Hecke K, Winne JM
- Issue date: 2014 Jan 3
- Divergent Synthesis of Marine Natural Products Siphonodictyal B, Corallidictyals C/D, and Liphagal Based on the Early Presence of an Aldehyde Group Instead of a Late-Stage Introduction.
- Authors: Wang JL, Li HJ, Wu YC
- Issue date: 2018 Aug 3