Symmetry-breaking intramolecular charge transfer in the excited state of meso-linked BODIPY dyads
AuthorsWhited, Matthew T.
Patel, Niral M.
Roberts, Sean T.
Djurovich, Peter I.
Bradforth, Stephen E.
Thompson, Mark E.
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-C1-015-21
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report the synthesis and characterization of symmetric BODIPY dyads where the chromophores are attached at the meso position, using either a phenylene bridge or direct linkage. Both molecules undergo symmetry-breaking intramolecular charge transfer in the excited state, and the directly linked dyad serves as a visible-light-absorbing analogue of 9,9′-bianthryl.
CitationWhited MT, Patel NM, Roberts ST, Allen K, Djurovich PI, et al. (2012) Symmetry-breaking intramolecular charge transfer in the excited state of meso-linked BODIPY dyads. Chem Commun 48: 284–286. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c1cc12260f.
SponsorsWe acknowledge financial support from the Center for Advanced Molecular Photovoltaics (CAMP) (KUS-C1-015-21) of the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology and Global Photonic Corporation. Femtosecond transient absorption measurements were performed with support from the Department of Energy's Energy Frontier Research Center program (Award: DE-SC0001011). STR acknowledges an ACC-F fellowship from the National Science Foundation (CHE-0937015).
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Photoinduced electron transfer in a distyryl BODIPY-fullerene dyad.
- Authors: Liu JY, El-Khouly ME, Fukuzumi S, Ng DK
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 3
- Energy transfer by way of an exciplex intermediate in flexible boron dipyrromethene-based allosteric architectures.
- Authors: Mula S, Elliott K, Harriman A, Ziessel R
- Issue date: 2010 Oct 7
- 6-Hydroxyindole-based borondipyrromethene: synthesis and spectroscopic studies.
- Authors: Zhao C, Feng P, Cao J, Zhang Y, Wang X, Yang Y, Zhang Y, Zhang J
- Issue date: 2012 Jan 14
- Selective lateral lithiation of methyl BODIPYs: synthesis, photophysics, and electrochemistry of new meso derivatives.
- Authors: Palao E, de la Moya S, Agarrabeitia AR, Esnal I, Bañuelos J, López-Arbeloa I, Ortiz MJ
- Issue date: 2014 Sep 5
- Electron transfer in self-assembled orthogonal structures.
- Authors: Harriman A, Rostron JP, Cesario M, Ulrich G, Ziessel R
- Issue date: 2006 Jul 6