KAUST Grant NumberFIC/2010/07
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe final step in the biosynthesis of the 22nd genetically encoded amino acid, pyrrolysine, is catalyzed by PylD, a structurally and mechanistically unique dehydrogenase. This catalyzed reaction includes an induced-fit mechanism achieved by major structural rearrangements of the N-terminal helix upon substrate binding. Different steps of the reaction trajectory are visualized by complex structures of PylD with substrate and product. Copyright © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationQuitterer F, Beck P, Bacher A, Groll M (2013) Structure and Reaction Mechanism of Pyrrolysine Synthase (PylD). Angew Chem Int Ed 52: 7033–7037. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/anie.201301164.
SponsorsWe thank the staff of the beamline X06SA at the Paul Scherrer Institute, Swiss Light Source, Villigen (Switzerland) for their help with data collection and Katrin Gartner for excellent technical assistance. We acknowledge Dr. Anja List who participated in the PylD project. This work was supported by the Hans-Fischer-Gesellschaft, by Award No. FIC/2010/07 from the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), and by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, grant GR1861/7-1).
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- The formation of pyrroline and tetrahydropyridine rings in amino acids catalyzed by pyrrolysine synthase (PylD).
- Authors: Quitterer F, Beck P, Bacher A, Groll M
- Issue date: 2014 Jul 28
- D-Ornithine coopts pyrrolysine biosynthesis to make and insert pyrroline-carboxy-lysine.
- Authors: Cellitti SE, Ou W, Chiu HP, Grünewald J, Jones DH, Hao X, Fan Q, Quinn LL, Ng K, Anfora AT, Lesley SA, Uno T, Brock A, Geierstanger BH
- Issue date: 2011 Apr 27
- Synthesis of ε-N-propionyl-, ε-N-butyryl-, and ε-N-crotonyl-lysine containing histone H3 using the pyrrolysine system.
- Authors: Gattner MJ, Vrabel M, Carell T
- Issue date: 2013 Jan 14
- Production of fructosyl lysine oxidase from Fusarium oxysporum S-1F4 on autoclave-browned medium.
- Authors: Sakai Y, Yoshida N, Tani Y, Kato N
- Issue date: 1996 Jan
- Function of genetically encoded pyrrolysine in corrinoid-dependent methylamine methyltransferases.
- Authors: Krzycki JA
- Issue date: 2004 Oct