Strong and Stable Doping of Carbon Nanotubes and Graphene by MoO x for Transparent Electrodes
AuthorsHellstrom, Sondra L.
Stoltenberg, Randall M.
Wang, Yinchao Bril
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-C1-015-21
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMoO x has been used for organic semiconductor doping, but it had been considered an inefficient and/or unstable dopant. We report that MoO x can strongly and stably dope carbon nanotubes and graphene. Thermally annealed MoO x-CNT composites can form durable thin film electrodes with sheet resistances of 100 ω/sq at 85% transmittance plain and 85 ω/sq at 83% transmittance with a PEDOT:PSS adlayer. Sheet resistances change less than 10% over 20 days in ambient and less than 2% with overnight heating to 300 °C in air. The MoO x can be easily deposited either by thermal evaporation or from solution-based precursors. Excellent stability coupled with high conductivity makes MoO x-CNT composites extremely attractive candidates for practical transparent electrodes. © 2012 American Chemical Society.
CitationHellstrom SL, Vosgueritchian M, Stoltenberg RM, Irfan I, Hammock M, et al. (2012) Strong and Stable Doping of Carbon Nanotubes and Graphene by MoO x for Transparent Electrodes . Nano Lett 12: 3574–3580. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/nl301207e.
SponsorsS.L.H. and Z.B. would like to thank the Stanford University Global Climate and Energy Project (GCEP) for partial funding. This publication was partially based on work supported by the Center for Advanced Molecular Photovoltaics (Award No. KUS-C1-015-21) made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Enhancing the conductivity of transparent graphene films via doping.
- Authors: Kim KK, Reina A, Shi Y, Park H, Li LJ, Lee YH, Kong J
- Issue date: 2010 Jul 16
- Thermoelectric properties of nanocomposite thin films prepared with poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene) poly(styrenesulfonate) and graphene.
- Authors: Kim GH, Hwang DH, Woo SI
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 14
- Stable aqueous dispersion of reduced graphene nanosheets via non-covalent functionalization with conducting polymers and application in transparent electrodes.
- Authors: Jo K, Lee T, Choi HJ, Park JH, Lee DJ, Lee DW, Kim BS
- Issue date: 2011 Mar 1
- Evaluation of SOCl2 doping effect on electrical conductivity of thin films of SWNTs and SWNT/PEDOT-PSS composites.
- Authors: Najeeb CK, Lee JH, Chang J, Kim JH
- Issue date: 2011 Jul
- Cyclic chlorine trap-doping for transparent, conductive, thermally stable and damage-free graphene.
- Authors: Pham VP, Kim KN, Jeon MH, Kim KS, Yeom GY
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 21