KAUST Grant NumberKUS-C1-018-02
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/599743
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe have investigated strain-accelerated dynamics of soft glasses theoretically and experimentally. Mechanical rheology measurements performed on a variety of systems reveal evidence for the speeding-up of relaxation at modest shear strains in both step and oscillatory shear flows. Using the soft glassy rheology (SGR) model framework, we show that the observed behavior is a fundamental, but heretofore unexplored attribute of soft glasses. © 2011 American Physical Society.
CitationAgarwal P, Archer LA (2011) Strain-accelerated dynamics of soft colloidal glasses. Phys Rev E 83. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.83.041402.
SponsorsThis work was supported by Award No. KUS-C1-018-02, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), and by the National Science Foundation, Award No. DMR-1006323. Facilities available though the Cornell Center for Materials Research (CCMR) were used for this study.
PublisherAmerican Physical Society (APS)
JournalPhysical Review E
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Mechanical rejuvenation and overaging in the soft glassy rheology model.
- Authors: Warren M, Rottler J
- Issue date: 2008 Oct
- Dynamics and Rheology of Soft Colloidal Glasses.
- Authors: Wen YH, Schaefer JL, Archer LA
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 20
- Reversibility and hysteresis of the sharp yielding transition of a colloidal glass under oscillatory shear.
- Authors: Dang MT, Denisov D, Struth B, Zaccone A, Schall P
- Issue date: 2016 Apr
- Analyzing aging under oscillatory strain field through the soft glassy rheology model.
- Authors: Kaushal M, Joshi YM
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 28
- Ageing and yield behaviour in model soft colloidal glasses.
- Authors: Christopoulou C, Petekidis G, Erwin B, Cloitre M, Vlassopoulos D
- Issue date: 2009 Dec 28