AuthorsChoi, Joshua J.
Wenger, Whitney N.
Hoffman, Rachel S.
Marohn, John A.
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-C1-018-02
Online Publication Date2011-06-03
Print Publication Date2011-07-26
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/599666
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSolution-processed tandem solar cells created from nanocrystal quantum dots with size-tuned energy levels are demonstrated. Prototype devices featuring interconnected quantum dot layers of cascaded energy gaps exhibit IR sensitivity and an open circuit voltage, V oc, approaching 1 V. The tandem solar cell performance depends critically on the optical and electrical properties of the interlayer. Copyright © 2011 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationChoi JJ, Wenger WN, Hoffman RS, Lim Y-F, Luria J, et al. (2011) Solution-Processed Nanocrystal Quantum Dot Tandem Solar Cells. Advanced Materials 23: 3144–3148. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201100723.
SponsorsJ.J.C., W.N.W., and R.S.H. contributed equally to this work. This work was supported in part by Award No. KUS-C1-018-02, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). J.J.C. acknowledges support from the NSF IGERT fellowship. W.N.W. and R.S.H. acknowledge support from undergraduate research fellowships from the Cornell Engineering Learning Initiative and the KAUST-CU center. Y.F.L. acknowledges fellowship from Agency of Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), Singapore. J.L.L. and J.A.M. acknowledge support from the U.S. National Science Foundation through grants DMR-1006633 and DMR-0706508. J.J. acknowledges funding through the Flexible Electronics Theme of the CSIRO Future Manufacturing Flagship, aCSIRO Office of Chief Executive Postdoctoral Fellowship and the Australian Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research, International Science Linkage Grant, CG100059. The authors thank Prof. Rene A. J. Janssen and David Moore for a critical reading of the manuscript and useful discussions.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Stability assessment on a 3% bilayer PbS/ZnO quantum dot heterojunction solar cell.
- Authors: Luther JM, Gao J, Lloyd MT, Semonin OE, Beard MC, Nozik AJ
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 1
- Piezoelectric-polarization-enhanced photovoltaic performance in depleted-heterojunction quantum-dot solar cells.
- Authors: Shi J, Zhao P, Wang X
- Issue date: 2013 Feb 13
- Remote trap passivation in colloidal quantum dot bulk nano-heterojunctions and its effect in solution-processed solar cells.
- Authors: Rath AK, Pelayo Garcia de Arquer F, Stavrinadis A, Lasanta T, Bernechea M, Diedenhofen SL, Konstantatos G
- Issue date: 2014 Jul 16
- Schottky quantum dot solar cells stable in air under solar illumination.
- Authors: Tang J, Wang X, Brzozowski L, Barkhouse DA, Debnath R, Levina L, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2010 Mar 26
- The transitional heterojunction behavior of PbS/ZnO colloidal quantum dot solar cells.
- Authors: Willis SM, Cheng C, Assender HE, Watt AA
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 14