Solubility studies of inorganic–organic hybrid nanoparticle photoresists with different surface functional groups
MetadataShow full item record
Abstract© 2016 The Royal Society of Chemistry. The solubility behavior of Hf and Zr based hybrid nanoparticles with different surface ligands in different concentrations of photoacid generator as potential EUV photoresists was investigated in detail. The nanoparticles regardless of core or ligand chemistry have a hydrodynamic diameter of 2-3 nm and a very narrow size distribution in organic solvents. The Hansen solubility parameters for nanoparticles functionalized with IBA and 2MBA have the highest contribution from the dispersion interaction than those with tDMA and MAA, which show more polar character. The nanoparticles functionalized with unsaturated surface ligands showed more apparent solubility changes after exposure to DUV than those with saturated ones. The solubility differences after exposure are more pronounced for films containing a higher amount of photoacid generator. The work reported here provides material selection criteria and processing strategies for the design of high performance EUV photoresists.
CitationLi L, Chakrabarty S, Jiang J, Zhang B, Ober C, et al. (2016) Solubility studies of inorganic–organic hybrid nanoparticle photoresists with different surface functional groups. Nanoscale 8: 1338–1343. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c5nr07334k.
SponsorsThe authors gratefully acknowledge funding support from SEMATECH and facilities support from Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL), Cornell Nanoscale Science and Technology (CNF), the Cornell Center for Materials Research (CCMR) and the KAUST-Cornell Center of Energy and Sustainability (KAUST-CU).
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Hansen solubility parameter analysis on the dispersion of zirconia nanocrystals.
- Authors: Wang SH, Liu JH, Pai CT, Chen CW, Chung PT, Chiang AS, Chang SJ
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 1
- Beyond EUV lithography: a comparative study of efficient photoresists' performance.
- Authors: Mojarad N, Gobrecht J, Ekinci Y
- Issue date: 2015 Mar 18
- General approach for the synthesis of organic-inorganic hybrid nanoparticles mediated by supercritical CO2.
- Authors: Moisan S, Martinez V, Weisbecker P, Cansell F, Mecking S, Aymonier C
- Issue date: 2007 Aug 29
- Multicomponent solubility parameters for single-walled carbon nanotube-solvent mixtures.
- Authors: Bergin SD, Sun Z, Rickard D, Streich PV, Hamilton JP, Coleman JN
- Issue date: 2009 Aug 25
- Direct synthesis of large water-soluble functionalized gold nanoparticles using Bunte salts as ligand precursors.
- Authors: Lohse SE, Dahl JA, Hutchison JE
- Issue date: 2010 May 18