KAUST Grant NumberKUS-C1-015-21
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/599650
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSmooth composite transparent electrodes are fabricated via lamination of silver nanowires into the polymer poly-(4,3-ethylene dioxythiophene): poly(styrene-sulfonate) (PEDOT:PSS). The surface roughness is dramatically reduced compared to bare nanowires. High-efficiency P3HT:PCBM organic photovoltaic cells can be fabricated using these composites, reproducing the performance of cells on indium tin oxide (ITO) on glass and improving the performance of cells on ITO on plastic. Copyright © 2011 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationGaynor W, Burkhard GF, McGehee MD, Peumans P (2011) Smooth Nanowire/Polymer Composite Transparent Electrodes. Advanced Materials 23: 2905–2910. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201100566.
SponsorsThe authors acknowledge H. S. Kim and Y. Cui for providing silver nanowires and Southwall Technologies for providing plastic substrates. Thanks to M. Rowell and B. Hardin for helpful discussions. This work was supported by the Center for Advanced Molecular Photovoltaics (Award No KUS-C1-015-21), made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Silver nanowire-polymer composite electrodes for efficient polymer solar cells.
- Authors: Yu Z, Li L, Zhang Q, Hu W, Pei Q
- Issue date: 2011 Oct 11
- Silver front electrode grids for ITO-free all printed polymer solar cells with embedded and raised topographies, prepared by thermal imprint, flexographic and inkjet roll-to-roll processes.
- Authors: Yu JS, Kim I, Kim JS, Jo J, Larsen-Olsen TT, Søndergaard RR, Hösel M, Angmo D, Jørgensen M, Krebs FC
- Issue date: 2012 Sep 28
- Substrate-free fabrication of self-supporting ZnO nanowire arrays.
- Authors: Wang L, Tsan D, Stoeber B, Walus K
- Issue date: 2012 Aug 2
- Si/PEDOT:PSS core/shell nanowire arrays for efficient hybrid solar cells.
- Authors: Lu W, Wang C, Yue W, Chen L
- Issue date: 2011 Sep 1
- Controlling the morphology of conductive PEDOT by in situ electropolymerization: from thin films to nanowires with variable electrical properties.
- Authors: Musumeci C, Hutchison JA, Samorì P
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 7