Wang, Zhong Lin
Online Publication Date2010-07-30
Print Publication Date2010-09-22
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/599637
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPiezoelectric potential of a InN nanowire (NW) growing along [011̄0] can be positive, negative, and zero depending on the direction of the applied transverse force. By measuring the output voltage of a InN-NW-based nanogenerator, about 40% to 55% of output voltages are within the range of ?1 and ?20 mV, and 25% to 30% of output voltages would exceed ?100 mV. Some output voltages could reach the magnitude of ?1000 mV, showing its great potential for fabricating high-output nanogenerators. © 2010 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationHuang C-T, Song J, Tsai C-M, Lee W-F, Lien D-H, et al. (2010) Single-InN-Nanowire Nanogenerator with Upto 1 V Output Voltage. Advanced Materials 22: 4008–4013. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201000981.
SponsorsCTH and JHS contributed equally to the research in this paper. Research was supported by DARPA (Army/AMCOM/REDSTONE AR, W31P4Q-08-1-0009), BES DOE (DE-FG02-07ER46394), KAUST, and NSF (DMS0706436, CMMI 0403671). Thanks are also due to National Science Council of Taiwan, Republic of China for a fellowship to study abroad (C. T. Huang). (NSC97-2917-1-007-110)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Energy harvesting from the obliquely aligned InN nanowire array with a surface electron-accumulation layer.
- Authors: Ku NJ, Wang CH, Huang JH, Fang HC, Huang PC, Liu CP
- Issue date: 2013 Feb 13
- Nanoscale amorphization of GeTe nanowire with conductive atomic force microscope.
- Authors: Kim J
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- Piezoelectric-nanowire-enabled power source for driving wireless microelectronics.
- Authors: Xu S, Hansen BJ, Wang ZL
- Issue date: 2010 Oct 19
- Lead zirconate titanate nanowire textile nanogenerator for wearable energy-harvesting and self-powered devices.
- Authors: Wu W, Bai S, Yuan M, Qin Y, Wang ZL, Jing T
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 24
- p-Type InN nanowires.
- Authors: Zhao S, Le BH, Liu DP, Liu XD, Kibria MG, Szkopek T, Guo H, Mi Z
- Issue date: 2013