Sequential One-Pot Ruthenium-Catalyzed Azide−Alkyne Cycloaddition from Primary Alkyl Halides and Sodium Azide
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/599602
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAn experimentally simple sequential one-pot RuAAC reaction, affording 1,5-disubstituted 1H-1,2,3-triazoles in good to excellent yields starting from an alkyl halide, sodium azide, and an alkyne, is reported. The organic azide is formed in situ by treating the primary alkyl halide with sodium azide in DMA under microwave heating. Subsequent addition of [RuClCp*(PPh 3) 2] and the alkyne yielded the desired cycloaddition product after further microwave irradiation. © 2011 American Chemical Society.
CitationJohansson JR, Lincoln P, Nordén B, Kann N (2011) Sequential One-Pot Ruthenium-Catalyzed Azide−Alkyne Cycloaddition from Primary Alkyl Halides and Sodium Azide. J Org Chem 76: 2355–2359. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/jo200134a.
SponsorsWe thank Annika Langborg Weinmann at AstraZeneca R&D Molndal for kindly providing us with HRMS data of the products. We also thank Dr. Thomas Antonsson and Dr. Mikael Sellen for inspiring discussions. The Swedish NMR Centre is acknowledged for the use of high field NMR instruments. We thank Dr. Mate Erdelyi for advice concerning NOESY experiments. This work was funded by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
JournalThe Journal of Organic Chemistry
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Ruthenium-catalyzed azide-alkyne cycloaddition: scope and mechanism.
- Authors: Boren BC, Narayan S, Rasmussen LK, Zhang L, Zhao H, Lin Z, Jia G, Fokin VV
- Issue date: 2008 Jul 16
- One-pot synthesis of 1,4-disubstituted 1,2,3-triazoles from in situ generated azides.
- Authors: Feldman AK, Colasson B, Fokin VV
- Issue date: 2004 Oct 28
- Quick and highly efficient copper-catalyzed cycloaddition of organic azides with terminal alkynes.
- Authors: Wang D, Zhao M, Liu X, Chen Y, Li N, Chen B
- Issue date: 2012 Jan 14
- Cu/Pd-Catalyzed, Three-Component Click Reaction of Azide, Alkyne, and Aryl Halide: One-Pot Strategy toward Trisubstituted Triazoles.
- Authors: Wei F, Li H, Song C, Ma Y, Zhou L, Tung CH, Xu Z
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 5
- One-pot procedure for diazo transfer and azide-alkyne cycloaddition: triazole linkages from amines.
- Authors: Beckmann HS, Wittmann V
- Issue date: 2007 Jan 4