See-Through Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells: Photonic Reflectors for Tandem and Building Integrated Photovoltaics
O'Brien, Paul G.
Kherani, Nazir P.
Ozin, Geoffrey A.
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-C1-015-21
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSee-through dye-sensitized solar cells with 1D photonic crystal Bragg reflector photoanodes show an increase in peak external quantum efficiency of 47% while still maintaining high fill factors, resulting in an almost 40% increase in power conversion efficiency. These photoanodes are ideally suited for tandem and building integrated photovoltaics. © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationHeiniger L-P, O’Brien PG, Soheilnia N, Yang Y, Kherani NP, et al. (2013) See-Through Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells: Photonic Reflectors for Tandem and Building Integrated Photovoltaics. Advanced Materials 25: 5734–5741. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201302113.
SponsorsL.-P. H., M. G. and N. T would like to thank Dr. Shaik Mohammed Zakeeruddin for providing dyes and electrolyte, Pascal Comte for the TiO<INF>2</INF> paste and Dr. Robin Humphry-Baker for fruitful discussions. Research at EPFL was supported by the Swiss National Science Foundation (grant no. 200020_125163) and the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST, Award No KUS-C1-015-21). G. A. O is Government of Canada Research Chair in Materials Chemistry and Nanochemistry at the University of Toronto. He is deeply indebted to the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council NSERC for strong and sustained support of his groups work. N. P. K gratefully acknowledges the support of Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) of Canada and Ontario Research Fund - Research Excellence program under the aegis of photovoltaics research.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- SnO2-based dye-sensitized hybrid solar cells exhibiting near unity absorbed photon-to-electron conversion efficiency.
- Authors: Snaith HJ, Ducati C
- Issue date: 2010 Apr 14
- Enhancement of dye-sensitized photocurrents by gold nanoparticles: effects of dye-particle spacing.
- Authors: Kawawaki T, Takahashi Y, Tatsuma T
- Issue date: 2011 Jul
- Increasing photocurrents in dye sensitized solar cells with tantalum-doped titanium oxide photoanodes obtained by laser ablation.
- Authors: Ghosh R, Hara Y, Alibabaei L, Hanson K, Rangan S, Bartynski R, Meyer TJ, Lopez R
- Issue date: 2012 Sep 26
- The role of Mott-Schottky heterojunctions in Ag-Ag8SnS6 as counter electrodes in dye-sensitized solar cells.
- Authors: He Q, Huang S, Wang C, Qiao Q, Liang N, Xu M, Chen W, Zai J, Qian X
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Nano-TiO2 for dye-sensitized solar cells.
- Authors: Baraton MI
- Issue date: 2012 Jan