MetadataShow full item record
Abstract(Figure Presented) A nanowire-based nanosensor for detecting biologically and chemically charged molecules that is probe-free and highly sensitive is demonstrated. The device relies on the nonsymmetrical Schottky contact under reverse bias (see figure) and is much more sensitive than the device based on the symmetric ohmic contact. This approach serves as a guideline for designing more practical chemical and biochemical sensors. © 2009 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA.
CitationYeh P-H, Li Z, Wang ZL (2009) Schottky-Gated Probe-Free ZnO Nanowire Biosensor. Advanced Materials 21: 4975–4978. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.200902172.
SponsorsP.-H.Y. and Z.L. contributed equally to this work. This research was supported by DARPA (Army/AMCOM/REDSTONE AR, W31P4Q-081-0009), BES DOE (DE-FG02-07ER46394), the Air Force Office (FA9550-08-1-0446), DARPA/ARO W911NF-08-1-0249, the KAUST Global Research Partnership, and NSF (DMS 0706436, CMMI 0403671). Z.L. is grateful for the partial fellowship support from the China Scholarship Council (CSC) (No. 20073020). The authors thank Su Zhang and Fengru Fan for their assistant with the microfluidics.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Gigantic enhancement in sensitivity using Schottky contacted nanowire nanosensor.
- Authors: Wei TY, Yeh PH, Lu SY, Wang ZL
- Issue date: 2009 Dec 9
- Characterizations of Ohmic and Schottky-behaving contacts of a single ZnO nanowire.
- Authors: Bercu B, Geng W, Simonetti O, Kostcheev S, Sartel C, Sallet V, Lérondel G, Molinari M, Giraudet L, Couteau C
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 18
- Near-ultraviolet zinc oxide nanowire sensor using low temperature hydrothermal growth.
- Authors: Swanwick ME, Pfaendler SM, Akinwande AI, Flewitt AJ
- Issue date: 2012 Aug 31
- ZnO nanowire-embedded Schottky diode for effective UV detection by the barrier reduction effect.
- Authors: Kim J, Yun JH, Kim CH, Park YC, Woo JY, Park J, Lee JH, Yi J, Han CS
- Issue date: 2010 Mar 19
- Piezotronic Effect Enhanced Label-Free Detection of DNA Using a Schottky-Contacted ZnO Nanowire Biosensor.
- Authors: Cao X, Cao X, Guo H, Li T, Jie Y, Wang N, Wang ZL
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 23