KAUST Grant NumberN012509-00
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report ultralow threshold polariton lasing from a single GaN nanowire strongly coupled to a large-area dielectric microcavity. The threshold carrier density is 3 orders of magnitude lower than that of photon lasing observed in the same device, and 2 orders of magnitude lower than any existing room-temperature polariton devices. Spectral, polarization, and coherence properties of the emission were measured to confirm polariton lasing. © 2011 American Physical Society.
CitationDas A, Heo J, Jankowski M, Guo W, Zhang L, et al. (2011) Room Temperature Ultralow Threshold GaN Nanowire Polariton Laser. Physical Review Letters 107. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevLett.107.066405.
SponsorsThe work was supported by KAUST under Grant No. N012509-00. L. Z. acknowledges support by the NSF.
PublisherAmerican Physical Society (APS)
JournalPhysical Review Letters
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Room-temperature polariton lasing from GaN nanowire array clad by dielectric microcavity.
- Authors: Heo J, Jahangir S, Xiao B, Bhattacharya P
- Issue date: 2013 Jun 12
- Ultra-low threshold polariton lasing at room temperature in a GaN membrane microcavity with a zero-dimensional trap.
- Authors: Jayaprakash R, Kalaitzakis FG, Christmann G, Tsagaraki K, Hocevar M, Gayral B, Monroy E, Pelekanos NT
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 17
- Polariton Bose-Einstein condensate at room temperature in an Al(Ga)N nanowire-dielectric microcavity with a spatial potential trap.
- Authors: Das A, Bhattacharya P, Heo J, Banerjee A, Guo W
- Issue date: 2013 Feb 19
- Room temperature polariton lasing vs. photon lasing in a ZnO-based hybrid microcavity.
- Authors: Lu TC, Lai YY, Lan YP, Huang SW, Chen JR, Wu YC, Hsieh WF, Deng H
- Issue date: 2012 Feb 27
- Room temperature electrically injected polariton laser.
- Authors: Bhattacharya P, Frost T, Deshpande S, Baten MZ, Hazari A, Das A
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 13