Reconstruction and EMG-informed control, simulation and analysis of human movement for athletics: Performance improvement and injury prevention
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/599466
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn this paper we present methods to track and characterize human dynamic skills using motion capture and electromographic sensing. These methods are based on task-space control to obtain the joint kinematics and extract the key physiological parameters and on computed muscle control to solve the muscle force distribution problem. We also present a dynamic control and analysis framework that integrates these metrics for the purpose of reconstructing and analyzing sports motions in real-time.
CitationDemircan E, Khatib O, Wheeler J, Delp S (2009) Reconstruction and EMG-informed control, simulation and analysis of human movement for athletics: Performance improvement and injury prevention. 2009 Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/IEMBS.2009.5333148.
SponsorsThis work was supported in part bythe Simbios National Center for Biomedical Computing Grant(http://simbios.stanford.edu/, NIH GM072970) and KAUST (KingAbdullah University of Science and Technology).
Journal2009 Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society
PubMed Central IDPMC4479296
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Augmented effects of EMG biofeedback interfaced with virtual reality on neuromuscular control and movement coordination during reaching in children with cerebral palsy.
- Authors: Yoo JW, Lee DR, Cha YJ, You SH
- Issue date: 2017
- Vibrotactile feedback aids EMG control of object manipulation.
- Authors: Stepp CE, Chang C, Malhotra M, Matsuoka Y
- Issue date: 2011
- Evoked electromyography-based closed-loop torque control in functional electrical stimulation.
- Authors: Zhang Q, Hayashibe M, Azevedo-Coste C
- Issue date: 2013 Aug
- [Sports fitness after prosthetic joint replacement].
- Authors: Scholz R, Freiherr von Salis-Soglio G
- Issue date: 2002 Apr
- Motion Normalized Proportional Control for Improved Pattern Recognition-Based Myoelectric Control.
- Authors: Scheme E, Lock B, Hargrove L, Hill W, Kuruganti U, Englehart K
- Issue date: 2014 Jan