Reconstruction and EMG-informed control, simulation and analysis of human movement for athletics: Performance improvement and injury prevention
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn this paper we present methods to track and characterize human dynamic skills using motion capture and electromographic sensing. These methods are based on task-space control to obtain the joint kinematics and extract the key physiological parameters and on computed muscle control to solve the muscle force distribution problem. We also present a dynamic control and analysis framework that integrates these metrics for the purpose of reconstructing and analyzing sports motions in real-time.
CitationDemircan E, Khatib O, Wheeler J, Delp S (2009) Reconstruction and EMG-informed control, simulation and analysis of human movement for athletics: Performance improvement and injury prevention. 2009 Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/IEMBS.2009.5333148.
SponsorsThis work was supported in part bythe Simbios National Center for Biomedical Computing Grant(http://simbios.stanford.edu/, NIH GM072970) and KAUST (KingAbdullah University of Science and Technology).
Journal2009 Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society
PubMed Central IDPMC4479296
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Vibrotactile feedback aids EMG control of object manipulation.
- Authors: Stepp CE, Chang C, Malhotra M, Matsuoka Y
- Issue date: 2011
- Robotics-based synthesis of human motion.
- Authors: Khatib O, Demircan E, De Sapio V, Sentis L, Besier T, Delp S
- Issue date: 2009 Sep-Dec
- Motion Normalized Proportional Control for Improved Pattern Recognition-Based Myoelectric Control.
- Authors: Scheme E, Lock B, Hargrove L, Hill W, Kuruganti U, Englehart K
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- Evoked electromyography-based closed-loop torque control in functional electrical stimulation.
- Authors: Zhang Q, Hayashibe M, Azevedo-Coste C
- Issue date: 2013 Aug
- [Sports fitness after prosthetic joint replacement].
- Authors: Scholz R, Freiherr von Salis-Soglio G
- Issue date: 2002 Apr