Rational Design and Enhanced Biocompatibility of a Dry Adhesive Medical Skin Patch
KAUST Grant NumberKUK-F1-037-02
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/599447
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA new type of medical skin patch is developed that contains high-density, mushroom-like micropillars. Such dry-adhesive micropillars are highly biocompatible, have minimized side effects, and provide reasonable normal adhesion strength. To arrive at optimal conditions for the dry adhesive skin patch, the proper design of various structural and material parameters of micropillars is investigated. Copyright © 2011 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationKwak MK, Jeong H-E, Suh KY (2011) Rational Design and Enhanced Biocompatibility of a Dry Adhesive Medical Skin Patch. Advanced Materials 23: 3949–3953. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201101694.
SponsorsThis work was supported by National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) grant (No. 20110017530), WCU (World Class University) program (R31-2008-000-10083-0) on multiscale mechanical design, and Basic Science Research Program (2010-0027955) funded by the Ministry of Education, Science, and Technology (MEST). This work was supported in part by the Award No KUK-F1-037-02, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) and Institute of Advanced Machinery and Design (IAMD) of Seoul National University.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Enhanced skin adhesive patch with modulus-tunable composite micropillars.
- Authors: Bae WG, Kim D, Kwak MK, Ha L, Kang SM, Suh KY
- Issue date: 2013 Jan
- Tensile bond strength of maxillofacial adhesives.
- Authors: Polyzois GL, Oilo G, Dahl JE
- Issue date: 1993 Apr
- Effect of multi-adhesive layering on retention of extraoral maxillofacial silicone prostheses in vivo.
- Authors: Kiat-Amnuay S, Gettleman L, Goldsmith LJ
- Issue date: 2004 Sep
- Friction enhancement via micro-patterned wet elastomer adhesives on small intestinal surfaces.
- Authors: Kwon J, Cheung E, Park S, Sitti M
- Issue date: 2006 Dec
- A capacitive, biocompatible and adhesive electrode for long-term and cap-free monitoring of EEG signals.
- Authors: Lee SM, Kim JH, Byeon HJ, Choi YY, Park KS, Lee SH
- Issue date: 2013 Jun