Rapid synthesis of an electron-deficient t-BuPHOX ligand: cross-coupling of aryl bromides with secondary phosphine oxides
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-11-006-02
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/599445
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHerein an efficient and direct copper-catalyzed coupling of oxazoline-containing aryl bromides with electron-deficient secondary phosphine oxides is reported. The resulting tertiary phosphine oxides can be reduced to prepare a range of PHOX ligands. The presented strategy is a useful alternative to known methods for constructing PHOX derivatives.
CitationMcDougal NT, Streuff J, Mukherjee H, Virgil SC, Stoltz BM (2010) Rapid synthesis of an electron-deficient t-BuPHOX ligand: cross-coupling of aryl bromides with secondary phosphine oxides. Tetrahedron Letters 51: 5550–5554. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tetlet.2010.08.039.
SponsorsThis publication is based on the work supported by Award No. KUS-11-006-02, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). Additionally, the authors wish to thank NIH-NIGMS (R01 GM 080269-01), the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD, postdoctoral fellowship to J.S.), Abbott Laboratories, Amgen, the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation, and Caltech for financial support.
PubMed Central IDPMC2976555
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- P-Chiral Phosphines Enabled by Palladium/Xiao-Phos-Catalyzed Asymmetric P-C Cross-Coupling of Secondary Phosphine Oxides and Aryl Bromides.
- Authors: Dai Q, Li W, Li Z, Zhang J
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 26
- Synthesis of Aryldiphenylphosphine Oxides by Quaternization of Tertiary Diphenylphosphines with Aryl Bromides Followed by the Wittig Reaction.
- Authors: Zhong CH, Huang W
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 7
- Phosphine Oxides as Stabilizing Ligands for the Palladium-Catalyzed Cross-Coupling of Potassium Aryldimethylsilanolates.
- Authors: Denmark SE, Smith RC, Tymonko SA
- Issue date: 2007 Jun 25
- Copper(II)-catalyzed C-O coupling of aryl bromides with aliphatic diols: synthesis of ethers, phenols, and benzo-fused cyclic ethers.
- Authors: Liu Y, Park SK, Xiao Y, Chae J
- Issue date: 2014 Jul 14
- Palladium-catalyzed sonogashira and hiyama reactions using phosphine-free hydrazone ligands.
- Authors: Mino T, Shirae Y, Saito T, Sakamoto M, Fujita T
- Issue date: 2006 Dec 8