Polymer-Assisted Direct Deposition of Uniform Carbon Nanotube Bundle Networks for High Performance Transparent Electrodes
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-C1-015-21
Online Publication Date2009-05-07
Print Publication Date2009-06-23
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/599217
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFlexible transparent electrodes are crucial for touch screen, flat panel display, and solar cell technologies. While carbon nanotube network electrodes show promise, characteristically poor dispersion properties have limited their practicality. We report that addition of small amounts of conjugated polymer to nanotube dispersions enables straightforward fabrication of uniform network electrodes by spin-coating and simultaneous tuning of parameters such as bundle size and density. After treatment in thionyl chloride, electrodes have sheet resistances competitive with other reported carbon nanotube based transparent electrodes to date. © 2009 American Chemical Society.
CitationHellstrom SL, Lee HW, Bao Z (2009) Polymer-Assisted Direct Deposition of Uniform Carbon Nanotube Bundle Networks for High Performance Transparent Electrodes. ACS Nano 3: 1423–1430. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/nn9002456.
SponsorsS.L.H. would like to thank the National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program for funding. Additionally, Dr. Melburne LeMieux, Mike Rowell, Dr. Mark Topinka, and Dr. Mike McGehee provided useful insight. We would like to thank Stanford University Global Climate and Energy Project (GCEP) and Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology. This publication was partially based on work supported by the Center for Advanced Molecular Photovoltaics (Award No KUS-C1-015-21), made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Scalable coating and properties of transparent, flexible, silver nanowire electrodes.
- Authors: Hu L, Kim HS, Lee JY, Peumans P, Cui Y
- Issue date: 2010 May 25
- Comparative study on different carbon nanotube materials in terms of transparent conductive coatings.
- Authors: Li Z, Kandel HR, Dervishi E, Saini V, Xu Y, Biris AR, Lupu D, Salamo GJ, Biris AS
- Issue date: 2008 Mar 18
- Flexible organic light-emitting diodes with transparent carbon nanotube electrodes: problems and solutions.
- Authors: Hu L, Li J, Liu J, Grüner G, Marks T
- Issue date: 2010 Apr 16
- Fabrication of highly conductive and transparent thin films from single-walled carbon nanotubes using a new non-ionic surfactant via spin coating.
- Authors: Jo JW, Jung JW, Lee JU, Jo WH
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 28
- Surface-modified nanotube anodes for high performance organic light-emitting diode.
- Authors: Ou EC, Hu L, Raymond GC, Soo OK, Pan J, Zheng Z, Park Y, Hecht D, Irvin G, Drzaic P, Gruner G
- Issue date: 2009 Aug 25