Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/599193
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractUsing phosphorus-doped ZnO nanowire (NW) arrays grown on silicon substrate, energy conversion using the p-type ZnO NWs has been demonstrated for the first time. The p-type ZnO NWs produce positive output voltage pulses when scanned by a conductive atomic force microscope (AFM) in contact mode. The output voltage pulse is generated when the tip contacts the stretched side (positive piezoelectric potential side) of the NW. In contrast, the n-type ZnO NW produces negative output voltage when scanned by the AFM tip, and the output voltage pulse is generated when the tip contacts the compressed side (negative potential side) of the NW. In reference to theoretical simulation, these experimentally observed phenomena have been systematically explained based on the mechanism proposed for a nanogenerator. © 2009 American Chemical Society.
CitationLu M-P, Song J, Lu M-Y, Chen M-T, Gao Y, et al. (2009) Piezoelectric Nanogenerator Using p-Type ZnO Nanowire Arrays. Nano Lett 9: 1223–1227. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/nl900115y.
SponsorsResearch supported by DARPA (Army/AMCOMIREDSTONE AR, W31P4Q-08-1-0009), Air Force Office (FA9550-08-1-0446), KAUST Global Research Partnership, and National Science Council (NSC 97-2120-M007-003). Thanks to Chen Xu and Chun-Chi Chen for technical assistance.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Piezoelectric potential output from ZnO nanowire functionalized with p-type oligomer.
- Authors: Song J, Wang X, Liu J, Liu H, Li Y, Wang ZL
- Issue date: 2008 Jan
- GaN nanowire arrays for high-output nanogenerators.
- Authors: Huang CT, Song J, Lee WF, Ding Y, Gao Z, Hao Y, Chen LJ, Wang ZL
- Issue date: 2010 Apr 7
- Identifying individual n- and p-type ZnO nanowires by the output voltage sign of piezoelectric nanogenerator.
- Authors: Lin SS, Song JH, Lu YF, Wang ZL
- Issue date: 2009 Sep 9
- Phosphorus doped Zn(1-x)Mg(x)O nanowire arrays.
- Authors: Lin SS, Hong JI, Song JH, Zhu Y, He HP, Xu Z, Wei YG, Ding Y, Snyder RL, Wang ZL
- Issue date: 2009 Nov
- ZnO-ZnS heterojunction and ZnS nanowire arrays for electricity generation.
- Authors: Lu MY, Song J, Lu MP, Lee CY, Chen LJ, Wang ZL
- Issue date: 2009 Feb 24