Photonic Band Structure of Dispersive Metamaterials Formulated as a Hermitian Eigenvalue Problem
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/599189
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe formulate the photonic band structure calculation of any lossless dispersive photonic crystal and optical metamaterial as a Hermitian eigenvalue problem. We further show that the eigenmodes of such lossless systems provide an orthonormal basis, which can be used to rigorously describe the behavior of lossy dispersive systems in general. © 2010 The American Physical Society.
CitationRaman A, Fan S (2010) Photonic Band Structure of Dispersive Metamaterials Formulated as a Hermitian Eigenvalue Problem. Physical Review Letters 104. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevLett.104.087401.
SponsorsThis work was supported by the Center for Advanced Molecular Photovoltaics (CAMP) ( Grant No. KUSC1-015-21), made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), and by DOE Grant No. DE-FG02-07ER46426.
PublisherAmerican Physical Society (APS)
JournalPhysical Review Letters
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Three-dimensional dispersive metallic photonic crystals with a bandgap and a high cutoff frequency.
- Authors: Luo M, Liu QH
- Issue date: 2010 Aug 1
- Viscous-to-viscoelastic transition in phononic crystal and metamaterial band structures.
- Authors: Frazier MJ, Hussein MI
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Observing abnormally large group velocity at the plasmonic band edge via a universal eigenvalue analysis.
- Authors: Sha WE, Meng LL, Choy WC, Chew WC
- Issue date: 2014 Jan 1
- Analysis of photonic band structure in a one-dimensional photonic crystal containing single-negative materials.
- Authors: Yeh DW, Wu CJ
- Issue date: 2009 Sep 14
- Complex k band diagrams of 3D metamaterial/photonic crystals.
- Authors: Fietz C, Urzhumov Y, Shvets G
- Issue date: 2011 Sep 26