AuthorsLin, S. S.
Hong, J. I.
Song, J. H.
He, H. P.
Wei, Y. G.
Snyder, R. L.
Wang, Z. L.
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/599182
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe demonstrate the growth of phosphorus doped Zn 1-xMg xO nanowire (NW) using pulsed laser deposition. For the first time, p-type Zn 0.92Mg 0.08O:P NWs are likely obtained In reference to atomic force microscopy based piezoelectric output measurements, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, and the transport property between the NWs and a n-type ZnO film. A shallow acceptor level of ∼140 meV Is identified by temperaturedependent photoluminescence. A piezoelectric output of 60 mV on average has been received using the doped NWs. Besides a control on NW aspect ratio and density, band gap engineering has also been achieved by alloying with Mg to a content of x = 0.23. The alloyed NWs with controllable conductivity type have potential application In high-efficiency all-ZnO NWs based LED, high-output ZnO nanogenerator, and other optical or electrical devices. © 2009 American Chemical Society.
CitationLin SS, Hong JI, Song JH, Zhu Y, He HP, et al. (2009) Phosphorus Doped Zn 1- x Mg x O Nanowire Arrays . Nano Lett 9: 3877–3882. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/nl902067a.
SponsorsThe authors thank J. X. Wu for assistance of valence-band X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy tests and X. Q. Gu for assistance of the temperature-dependent photoluminescence measurements. This research was supported by DARPA (Army/AMOCOM/REDSTONE AR, W31P4Q-08-1-0009), BESDOE (DE-FG-02-07ER46394), Air Force Office (FA9550-08-1-0046), DARPA/ARO W911NF-08-1-0249, KAUST Global Research Partnership. S.S.L. thanks the partial fellowship supported by the China Scholarship Council (CSC) (No. 20083019).
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Piezoelectric nanogenerator using p-type ZnO nanowire arrays.
- Authors: Lu MP, Song J, Lu MY, Chen MT, Gao Y, Chen LJ, Wang ZL
- Issue date: 2009 Mar
- Rational synthesis of p-type zinc oxide nanowire arrays using simple chemical vapor deposition.
- Authors: Xiang B, Wang P, Zhang X, Dayeh SA, Aplin DP, Soci C, Yu D, Wang D
- Issue date: 2007 Feb
- p-Type ZnO nanowire arrays.
- Authors: Yuan GD, Zhang WJ, Jie JS, Fan X, Zapien JA, Leung YH, Luo LB, Wang PF, Lee CS, Lee ST
- Issue date: 2008 Aug
- Templated one step electrodeposition of high aspect ratio n-type ZnO nanowire arrays.
- Authors: Sharma SK, Rammohan A, Sharma A
- Issue date: 2010 Apr 1
- Identifying individual n- and p-type ZnO nanowires by the output voltage sign of piezoelectric nanogenerator.
- Authors: Lin SS, Song JH, Lu YF, Wang ZL
- Issue date: 2009 Sep 9