AuthorsSutherland, Brandon R.
Adachi, Michael M.
Wong, Chris T. O.
McDowell, Jeffrey J.
Houtepen, Arjan J.
Sargent, Edward H.
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-11-009-21
Online Publication Date2014-10-30
Print Publication Date2015-01
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/599170
MetadataShow full item record
Abstract© 2014 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA. (Graph Presented) A new method to deposit perovskite thin films that benefit from the thickness control and conformality of atomic layer deposition (ALD) is detailed. A seed layer of ALD PbS is place-exchanged with PbI2 and subsequently CH3NH3PbI3 perovskite. These films show promising optical properties, with gain coefficients of 3200 ± 830 cm-1.
CitationSutherland BR, Hoogland S, Adachi MM, Kanjanaboos P, Wong CTO, et al. (2014) Perovskite Thin Films via Atomic Layer Deposition. Advanced Materials 27: 53–58. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201403965.
SponsorsThis publication is based in part on work supported by an award (KUS-11-009-21) from the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), by the Ontario Research Fund Research Excellence Program and by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) of Canada. The authors thank Cambridge Nanotech, Fritz Prinz, and Orlando Trejo for their advice on ALD PbS film fabrication. The authors thank L.T. Kunneman for his assistance in the data analysis of the transient absorption measurements. The authors also thank M. Yuan, H. Dong, R. Wolowiec, and D. Kopilovic for their help during the course of the study.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Mixed-Halide CH3 NH3 PbI3-x Xx (X=Cl, Br, I) Perovskites: Vapor-Assisted Solution Deposition and Application as Solar Cell Absorbers.
- Authors: Sedighi R, Tajabadi F, Shahbazi S, Gholipour S, Taghavinia N
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 4
- Control of charge transport in the perovskite CH3 NH3 PbI3 thin film.
- Authors: Shi J, Wei H, Lv S, Xu X, Wu H, Luo Y, Li D, Meng Q
- Issue date: 2015 Mar 16
- Pseudohalide-induced moisture tolerance in perovskite CH3 NH3 Pb(SCN)2 I thin films.
- Authors: Jiang Q, Rebollar D, Gong J, Piacentino EL, Zheng C, Xu T
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 22
- Efficient Perovskite Hybrid Solar Cells Through a Homogeneous High-Quality Organolead Iodide Layer.
- Authors: Wang K, Liu C, Du P, Zhang HL, Gong X
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 15
- Room-Temperature Atomic-Layer-Deposited Al<sub>2</sub> O<sub>3</sub> Improves the Efficiency of Perovskite Solar Cells over Time.
- Authors: Kot M, Kegelmann L, Das C, Kus P, Tsud N, Matolinova I, Albrecht S, Matolin V, Schmeisser D
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 24