AuthorsSutherland, Brandon R.
Adachi, Michael M.
Wong, Chris T. O.
McDowell, Jeffrey J.
Houtepen, Arjan J.
Sargent, Edward H.
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-11-009-21
Online Publication Date2014-10-30
Print Publication Date2015-01
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/599170
MetadataShow full item record
Abstract© 2014 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA. (Graph Presented) A new method to deposit perovskite thin films that benefit from the thickness control and conformality of atomic layer deposition (ALD) is detailed. A seed layer of ALD PbS is place-exchanged with PbI2 and subsequently CH3NH3PbI3 perovskite. These films show promising optical properties, with gain coefficients of 3200 ± 830 cm-1.
CitationSutherland BR, Hoogland S, Adachi MM, Kanjanaboos P, Wong CTO, et al. (2014) Perovskite Thin Films via Atomic Layer Deposition. Advanced Materials 27: 53–58. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201403965.
SponsorsThis publication is based in part on work supported by an award (KUS-11-009-21) from the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), by the Ontario Research Fund Research Excellence Program and by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) of Canada. The authors thank Cambridge Nanotech, Fritz Prinz, and Orlando Trejo for their advice on ALD PbS film fabrication. The authors thank L.T. Kunneman for his assistance in the data analysis of the transient absorption measurements. The authors also thank M. Yuan, H. Dong, R. Wolowiec, and D. Kopilovic for their help during the course of the study.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Mixed-Halide CH3 NH3 PbI3-x Xx (X=Cl, Br, I) Perovskites: Vapor-Assisted Solution Deposition and Application as Solar Cell Absorbers.
- Authors: Sedighi R, Tajabadi F, Shahbazi S, Gholipour S, Taghavinia N
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 4
- Building Blocks of Hybrid Perovskites: A Photoluminescence Study of Lead-Iodide Solution Species.
- Authors: Shargaieva O, Kuske L, Rappich J, Unger E, Nickel NH
- Issue date: 2020 Oct 16
- Room-Temperature Atomic-Layer-Deposited Al<sub>2</sub> O<sub>3</sub> Improves the Efficiency of Perovskite Solar Cells over Time.
- Authors: Kot M, Kegelmann L, Das C, Kus P, Tsud N, Matolinova I, Albrecht S, Matolin V, Schmeisser D
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 24
- Atomic Layer Deposition of Electron Selective SnO<sub>x</sub> and ZnO Films on Mixed Halide Perovskite: Compatibility and Performance.
- Authors: Hultqvist A, Aitola K, Sveinbjörnsson K, Saki Z, Larsson F, Törndahl T, Johansson E, Boschloo G, Edoff M
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 6
- In Situ Vapor-Phase Halide Exchange of Patterned Perovskite Thin Films.
- Authors: Kim G, An S, Hyeong SK, Lee SK, Kim M, Shin N
- Issue date: 2021 Mar