Partially linear varying coefficient models stratified by a functional covariate
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-CI-016-04
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/599142
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe consider the problem of estimation in semiparametric varying coefficient models where the covariate modifying the varying coefficients is functional and is modeled nonparametrically. We develop a kernel-based estimator of the nonparametric component and a profiling estimator of the parametric component of the model and derive their asymptotic properties. Specifically, we show the consistency of the nonparametric functional estimates and derive the asymptotic expansion of the estimates of the parametric component. We illustrate the performance of our methodology using a simulation study and a real data application.
CitationMaity A, Huang JZ (2012) Partially linear varying coefficient models stratified by a functional covariate. Statistics & Probability Letters 82: 1807–1814. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.spl.2012.06.002.
SponsorsMaity’s work was partly supported by Award Number R00ES017744 from the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institute Of Environmental Health Sciences or the National Institutes of Health. Huang’s work was partly supported by grants from NSF (DMS-09-07170 and DMS-10-07618) and King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KUS-CI-016-04). We are also grateful to two anonymous reviewers for their careful evaluation of the paper and constructive comments that led to a significantly improved version of the paper.
JournalStatistics & Probability Letters
PubMed Central IDPMC3419621
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Semiparametric estimation of covariance matrices for longitudinal data.
- Authors: Fan J, Wu Y
- Issue date: 2008 Dec 1
- Parametrically guided estimation in nonparametric varying coefficient models with quasi-likelihood.
- Authors: Davenport CA, Maity A, Wu Y
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- NEW EFFICIENT ESTIMATION AND VARIABLE SELECTION METHODS FOR SEMIPARAMETRIC VARYING-COEFFICIENT PARTIALLY LINEAR MODELS.
- Authors: Kai B, Li R, Zou H
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 1
- Analysis of Longitudinal Data with Semiparametric Estimation of Covariance Function.
- Authors: Fan J, Huang T, Li R
- Issue date: 2007 Jun 1
- Semiparametric Analysis of Heterogeneous Data Using Varying-Scale Generalized Linear Models.
- Authors: Xie M, Simpson DG, Carroll RJ
- Issue date: 2008