Panchromatic Response in Solid-State Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells Containing Phosphorescent Energy Relay Dyes
Hardin, Brianâ E.
McGehee, Michaelâ D.
Nazeeruddin, Mohammadâ K.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRunning relay: Incorporating an energyrelay dye (ERD) into the hole transporter of a dye-sensitized solar cell increased power-conversion efficiency by 29% by extending light harvesting into the blue region. In the operating mechanism (see picture), absorption of red photons by the sensitizer transfers an electron into TiO2 and a hole into the electrolyte. Blue photons absorbed by the ERD are transferred by FRET to the sensitizer. Chemical Equitation Presentation © 2009 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA.
CitationYum J-H, Hardin B, Moon S-J, Baranoff E, NÃ¼esch F, et al. (2009) Panchromatic Response in Solid-State Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells Containing Phosphorescent Energy Relay Dyes. Angew Chem Int Ed 48: 9277–9280. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/anie.200904725.
SponsorsWe acknowledge financial support of this work by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology and the Center for Advanced Molecular Photovoltaics (CAMP). We thank I-Kang Ding and Eric Hoke for assistance in photoluminescence analysis of numerous energy-relay dyes. We also thank Pascal Compte and Dr. Paul Liska for their kind assistance.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Incorporating multiple energy relay dyes in liquid dye-sensitized solar cells.
- Authors: Yum JH, Hardin BE, Hoke ET, Baranoff E, Zakeeruddin SM, Nazeeruddin MK, Torres T, McGehee MD, Grätzel M
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 25
- Recent developments in solid-state dye-sensitized solar cells.
- Authors: Yum JH, Chen P, Grätzel M, Nazeeruddin MK
- Issue date: 2008
- Large pi-aromatic molecules as potential sensitizers for highly efficient dye-sensitized solar cells.
- Authors: Imahori H, Umeyama T, Ito S
- Issue date: 2009 Nov 17
- High efficiency of dye-sensitized solar cells based on metal-free indoline dyes.
- Authors: Horiuchi T, Miura H, Sumioka K, Uchida S
- Issue date: 2004 Oct 6
- A panchromatic boradiazaindacene (BODIPY) sensitizer for dye-sensitized solar cells.
- Authors: Erten-Ela S, Yilmaz MD, Icli B, Dede Y, Icli S, Akkaya EU
- Issue date: 2008 Aug 7