Palladium-Catalyzed Asymmetric Conjugate Addition of Arylboronic Acids to Five-, Six-, and Seven-Membered β-Substituted Cyclic Enones: Enantioselective Construction of All-Carbon Quaternary Stereocenters
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-11-006-02
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/599132
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe first enantioselective Pd-catalyzed construction of all-carbon quaternary stereocenters via 1,4-addition of arylboronic acids to β-substituted cyclic enones is reported. Reaction of a wide range of arylboronic acids and cyclic enones using a catalyst prepared from Pd(OCOCF(3))(2) and a chiral pyridinooxazoline ligand yields enantioenriched products bearing benzylic stereocenters. Notably, this transformation is tolerant to air and moisture, providing a practical and operationally simple method of synthesizing enantioenriched all-carbon quaternary stereocenters.
CitationKikushima K, Holder JC, Gatti M, Stoltz BM (2011) Palladium-Catalyzed Asymmetric Conjugate Addition of Arylboronic Acids to Five-, Six-, and Seven-Membered β-Substituted Cyclic Enones: Enantioselective Construction of All-Carbon Quaternary Stereocenters. Journal of the American Chemical Society 133: 6902–6905. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/ja200664x.
SponsorsThis publication is based on work supported by Award No. KUS-11-006-02, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). The authors wish to thank NIH-NIGMS (R01GM080269-01), Amgen, Abbott, Boehringer Ingelheim, and Caltech for financial support. K.K. acknowledges the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science for a postdoctoral fellowship. M.G. is grateful to the Swiss National Science Foundation for financial support through a postdoctoral fellowship.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
PubMed Central IDPMC3087848
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Catalytic enantioselective construction of quaternary stereocenters: assembly of key building blocks for the synthesis of biologically active molecules.
- Authors: Liu Y, Han SJ, Liu WB, Stoltz BM
- Issue date: 2015 Mar 17
- Palladium-catalyzed asymmetric quaternary stereocenter formation.
- Authors: Gottumukkala AL, Matcha K, Lutz M, de Vries JG, Minnaard AJ
- Issue date: 2012 May 29
- Mechanism and enantioselectivity in palladium-catalyzed conjugate addition of arylboronic acids to β-substituted cyclic enones: insights from computation and experiment.
- Authors: Holder JC, Zou L, Marziale AN, Liu P, Lan Y, Gatti M, Kikushima K, Houk KN, Stoltz BM
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 9
- Synthesis of diverse β-quaternary ketones via palladium-catalyzed asymmetric conjugate addition of arylboronic acids to cyclic enones.
- Authors: Holder JC, Goodman ED, Kikushima K, Gatti M, Marziale AN, Stoltz BM
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 2
- Enantioselective synthesis of planar chiral ferrocenes via palladium-catalyzed direct coupling with arylboronic acids.
- Authors: Gao DW, Shi YC, Gu Q, Zhao ZL, You SL
- Issue date: 2013 Jan 9