Ozone Promotes Chloropicrin Formation by Oxidizing Amines to Nitro Compounds
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMcCurry DL, Quay AN, Mitch WA (2016) Ozone Promotes Chloropicrin Formation by Oxidizing Amines to Nitro Compounds. Environ Sci Technol 50: 1209–1217. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.est.5b04282.
SponsorsThe authors thank Dr. Teng Zeng of Stanford University for experimental assistance, and Dr.Julien Le Roux (KAUST) for a helpful suggestion. D.L.M. acknowledges support from the NSFGraduate Research Fellowship Program (No. DGE-11474).
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Chlorinated and nitrogenous disinfection by-product formation from ozonation and post-chlorination of natural organic matter surrogates.
- Authors: Bond T, Templeton MR, Rifai O, Ali H, Graham NJ
- Issue date: 2014 Sep
- Reinvestigation on the ozonation of N-nitrosodimethylamine: Influencing factors and degradation mechanism.
- Authors: Lv J, Li Y, Song Y
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 15
- Nitrogen origins and the role of ozonation in the formation of haloacetonitriles and halonitromethanes in chlorine water treatment.
- Authors: Yang X, Shang C, Shen Q, Chen B, Westerhoff P, Peng J, Guo W
- Issue date: 2012 Dec 4
- Halonitromethane formation potentials in drinking waters.
- Authors: Hu J, Song H, Addison JW, Karanfil T
- Issue date: 2010 Jan
- Impact of pre-ozonation on disinfection by-product formation and speciation from chlor(am)ination of algal organic matter of Microcystis aeruginosa.
- Authors: Zhu M, Gao N, Chu W, Zhou S, Zhang Z, Xu Y, Dai Q
- Issue date: 2015 Oct