Oriented Arrays of Graphene in a Polymer Matrix by in situ Reduction of Graphite Oxide Nanosheets
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-Cl-018-02
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/599115
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractGraphite oxide-Nafion hybrids with a high degree of alignment are cast from aqueous solution in the absence of any external field and reduced in situ by exposure to hydrazine to produce graphene-Nafion hybrids. Dramatic enhancement of electrical conductivity indicates sufficient accessibility of the inorganic nanosheets to the reducing agent, through the nanochannels formed by the polymeric ionic domains. © 2010 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA.
CitationAnsari S, Kelarakis A, Estevez L, Giannelis EP (2010) Oriented Arrays of Graphene in a Polymer Matrix by in situ Reduction of Graphite Oxide Nanosheets. Small 6: 205–209. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/smll.200900765.
SponsorsThe authors thank Scott Gilie of Northrop Grumman Space Technology for providing the graphite oxide used. The authors also thank Dr. Alexander Zakhidov and Prof. George Malliaras (Cornell University) for their assistance with conductivity measurements. S.A. acknowledges the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India for providing a BOYSCAST Fellowship. E.P.G. acknowledges the support of Award No. KUS-Cl-018-02, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Well-dispersed chitosan/graphene oxide nanocomposites.
- Authors: Yang X, Tu Y, Li L, Shang S, Tao XM
- Issue date: 2010 Jun
- Enhanced performance of biodegradable poly(butylene succinate)/graphene oxide nanocomposites via in situ polymerization.
- Authors: Wang XW, Zhang CA, Wang PL, Zhao J, Zhang W, Ji JH, Hua K, Zhou J, Yang XB, Li XP
- Issue date: 2012 May 8
- Highly conductive graphene by low-temperature thermal reduction and in situ preparation of conductive polymer nanocomposites.
- Authors: Yang L, Kong J, Yee WA, Liu W, Phua SL, Toh CL, Huang S, Lu X
- Issue date: 2012 Aug 21
- Synthesis of adenine-modified reduced graphene oxide nanosheets.
- Authors: Cao H, Wu X, Yin G, Warner JH
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 5
- Effect of chemical modification of graphene on mechanical, electrical, and thermal properties of polyimide/graphene nanocomposites.
- Authors: Ha HW, Choudhury A, Kamal T, Kim DH, Park SY
- Issue date: 2012 Sep 26