Organic Light-Emitting Diodes on Solution-Processed Graphene Transparent Electrodes
Becerril, Héctor A.
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-C1-015-21
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/599112
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTheoretical estimates indicate that graphene thin films can be used as transparent electrodes for thin-film devices such as solar cells and organic light-emitting diodes, with an unmatched combination of sheet resistance and transparency. We demonstrate organic light-emitting diodes with solution-processed graphene thin film transparent conductive anodes. The graphene electrodes were deposited on quartz substrates by spincoating of an aqueous dispersion of functionalized graphene, followed by a vacuum anneal step to reduce the sheet resistance. Small molecular weight organic materials and a metal cathode were directly deposited on the graphene anodes, resulting in devices with a performance comparable to control devices on indium-tin-oxide transparent anodes. The outcoupling efficiency of devices on graphene and indium-tin-oxide is nearly identical, in agreement with model predictions. © 2010 American Chemical Society.
CitationWu J, Agrawal M, Becerril HA, Bao Z, Liu Z, et al. (2010) Organic Light-Emitting Diodes on Solution-Processed Graphene Transparent Electrodes. ACS Nano 4: 43–48. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/nn900728d.
SponsorsThis work was supported by the National Science Foundation, the Global Climate and Energy Project at Stanford (GCEP), and the Center for Advanced Molecular Photovoltaics (CAMP) (Award No KUS-C1-015-21), made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Solution-processed metal nanowire mesh transparent electrodes.
- Authors: Lee JY, Connor ST, Cui Y, Peumans P
- Issue date: 2008 Feb
- Large-scale patterned multi-layer graphene films as transparent conducting electrodes for GaN light-emitting diodes.
- Authors: Jo G, Choe M, Cho CY, Kim JH, Park W, Lee S, Hong WK, Kim TW, Park SJ, Hong BH, Kahng YH, Lee T
- Issue date: 2010 Apr 30
- Solution-processed transparent blue organic light-emitting diodes with graphene as the top cathode.
- Authors: Chang JH, Lin WH, Wang PC, Taur JI, Ku TA, Chen WT, Yan SJ, Wu CI
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 20
- Continuous, highly flexible, and transparent graphene films by chemical vapor deposition for organic photovoltaics.
- Authors: Gomez De Arco L, Zhang Y, Schlenker CW, Ryu K, Thompson ME, Zhou C
- Issue date: 2010 May 25
- MOCVD-derived highly transparent, conductive zinc- and tin-doped indium oxide thin films: precursor synthesis, metastable phase film growth and characterization, and application as anodes in polymer light-emitting diodes.
- Authors: Ni J, Yan H, Wang A, Yang Y, Stern CL, Metz AW, Jin S, Wang L, Marks TJ, Ireland JR, Kannewurf CR
- Issue date: 2005 Apr 20