On-Demand Dark Soliton Train Manipulation in a Spinor Polariton Condensate
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/599072
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe theoretically demonstrate the generation of dark soliton trains in a one-dimensional exciton-polariton condensate within experimentally accessible schemes. In particular, we show that the frequency of the train can be finely tuned fully optically or electrically to provide a stable and efficient output signal modulation. Taking the polarization of the condensate into account, we elucidate the possibility of forming on-demand half-soliton trains. © 2014 American Physical Society.
CitationPinsker F, Flayac H (2014) On-Demand Dark Soliton Train Manipulation in a Spinor Polariton Condensate. Physical Review Letters 112. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevLett.112.140405.
SponsorsF.P. acknowledges financial support from the UK Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) Grant No. EP/H023348/1 for the University of Cambridge Centre for Doctoral Training, the Cambridge Centre for Analysis, and a KAUST grant. H. F. acknowledges financial support from NCCR Quantum Photonics (NCCR QP), research instrument of the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF). We thank F. Manni, A. Dreismann, and N. Berloff for fruitful discussions and are very grateful for the referee's remarks.
PublisherAmerican Physical Society (APS)
JournalPhysical Review Letters
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Manipulation of a stable dark soliton train in polariton condensate.
- Authors: Jiang Y, Wang G, Sun X, Feng S, Xue Y
- Issue date: 2019 Apr 1
- Creation and Manipulation of Stable Dark Solitons and Vortices in Microcavity Polariton Condensates.
- Authors: Ma X, Egorov OA, Schumacher S
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 14
- Stable gray soliton pinned by a defect in a microcavity-polariton condensate.
- Authors: Chen TW, Hsieh WF, Cheng SC
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 21
- Polarized nonequilibrium Bose-Einstein condensates of spinor exciton polaritons in a magnetic field.
- Authors: Larionov AV, Kulakovskii VD, Höfling S, Schneider C, Worschech L, Forchel A
- Issue date: 2010 Dec 17
- Dynamics of excited-state condensate for optically confined exciton-polaritons.
- Authors: Xu C, Zhou B, Wang X, Tian C, Zhang Y, Dong H, Wang G, Zhou W
- Issue date: 2019 Sep 2