KAUST Grant NumberKUS-C1-018-02
Online Publication Date2010-08-20
Print Publication Date2010-09-01
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598950
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNanoscale organic hybrid electrolytes are composed of organic-inorganic hybrid nanostructures, each with a metal oxide or metallic nanoparticle core densely grafted with an ion-conducting polyethylene glycol corona - doped with lithium salt. These materials form novel solvent-free hybrid electrolytes that are particle-rich, soft glasses at room temperature; yet manifest high ionic conductivity and good electrochemical stability above 5V. © 2010 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationNugent JL, Moganty SS, Archer LA (2010) Nanoscale Organic Hybrid Electrolytes. Advanced Materials 22: 3677–3680. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201000898.
SponsorsWork on synthesis and mechanical characterization of nanoscale organic hybrid materials (NOHMs) was supported by Award No. KUS-C1-018-02, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). Our research on electrochemical characterization of NOHMs was supported by the Department of Energy Basic Energy Sciences program (Grant DE-FG02-07ER46455)). JN acknowledges support from a National Science Foundation Sustainable Materials IGERT fellowship program at Cornell.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- High ion conducting polymer nanocomposite electrolytes using hybrid nanofillers.
- Authors: Tang C, Hackenberg K, Fu Q, Ajayan PM, Ardebili H
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 14
- Conductivity and FTIR studies on PEO-LiX [X: CF3SO3(-), SO4(2-)] polymer electrolytes.
- Authors: Ramesh S, Yuen TF, Shen CJ
- Issue date: 2008 Feb
- Effect of ZnO nanoparticles on the structure and ionic relaxation of poly(ethylene oxide)-LiI polymer electrolyte nanocomposites.
- Authors: Bhattacharya S, Ghosh A
- Issue date: 2008 Apr
- Controlled polyelectrolyte coating of glass-supported metal nanostructures.
- Authors: Alvarez M, Bocchio NL, Kreiter M
- Issue date: 2009 Jan 20
- Structure and ionic interactions of organic-inorganic composite polymer electrolytes studied by solid-state NMR and Raman spectroscopy.
- Authors: Joo CG, Bronstein LM, Karlinsey RL, Zwanziger JW
- Issue date: 2002 Sep-Nov