Nanopatterned Metallic Films for Use As Transparent Conductive Electrodes in Optoelectronic Devices
KAUST Grant NumberKUSC1-015-21
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe investigate the use of nanopatterned metallic films as transparent conductive electrodes in optoelectronic devices. We find that the physics of nanopatterned electrodes, which are often optically thin metallic films, differs from that of optically thick metallic films. We analyze the optical properties when performing a geometrical transformation that maintains the electrical properties. For one-dimensional patterns of metallic wires, the analysis favors tall and narrow wires. Our design principles remain valid for oblique incidence and readily carry over to two-dimensional patterns. © 2010 American Chemical Society.
CitationCatrysse PB, Fan S (2010) Nanopatterned Metallic Films for Use As Transparent Conductive Electrodes in Optoelectronic Devices. Nano Lett 10: 2944–2949. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/nl1011239.
SponsorsThe authors thank J.-Y. Lee and P. Peumans for bringing this problem to their attention. This work was supported by the Center for Advanced Molecular Photovoltaics (CAMP) under Award No. KUSC1-015-21 made by the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, and by DOE Grant DE-FG02-07ER46426. The computation is performed through the support of NSF-LRAC program.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Transfer of large-area graphene films for high-performance transparent conductive electrodes.
- Authors: Li X, Zhu Y, Cai W, Borysiak M, Han B, Chen D, Piner RD, Colombo L, Ruoff RS
- Issue date: 2009 Dec
- Synergetic effects of ligand exchange and reduction process enhancing both electrical and optical properties of Ag nanocrystals for multifunctional transparent electrodes.
- Authors: Kang MS, Joh H, Kim H, Yun HW, Kim D, Woo HK, Lee WS, Hong SH, Oh SJ
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 4
- Transparent metallic fractal electrodes for semiconductor devices.
- Authors: Afshinmanesh F, Curto AG, Milaninia KM, van Hulst NF, Brongersma ML
- Issue date: 2014 Sep 10
- Transparent conductive single-walled carbon nanotube networks with precisely tunable ratios of semiconducting and metallic nanotubes.
- Authors: Blackburn JL, Barnes TM, Beard MC, Kim YH, Tenent RC, McDonald TJ, To B, Coutts TJ, Heben MJ
- Issue date: 2008 Jun
- Nanopatterned electrically conductive films of semiconductor nanocrystals.
- Authors: Mentzel TS, Wanger DD, Ray N, Walker BJ, Strasfeld D, Bawendi MG, Kastner MA
- Issue date: 2012 Aug 8