Nanopatterned Metallic Films for Use As Transparent Conductive Electrodes in Optoelectronic Devices
KAUST Grant NumberKUSC1-015-21
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598944
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe investigate the use of nanopatterned metallic films as transparent conductive electrodes in optoelectronic devices. We find that the physics of nanopatterned electrodes, which are often optically thin metallic films, differs from that of optically thick metallic films. We analyze the optical properties when performing a geometrical transformation that maintains the electrical properties. For one-dimensional patterns of metallic wires, the analysis favors tall and narrow wires. Our design principles remain valid for oblique incidence and readily carry over to two-dimensional patterns. © 2010 American Chemical Society.
CitationCatrysse PB, Fan S (2010) Nanopatterned Metallic Films for Use As Transparent Conductive Electrodes in Optoelectronic Devices. Nano Lett 10: 2944–2949. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/nl1011239.
SponsorsThe authors thank J.-Y. Lee and P. Peumans for bringing this problem to their attention. This work was supported by the Center for Advanced Molecular Photovoltaics (CAMP) under Award No. KUSC1-015-21 made by the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, and by DOE Grant DE-FG02-07ER46426. The computation is performed through the support of NSF-LRAC program.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Synergetic effects of ligand exchange and reduction process enhancing both electrical and optical properties of Ag nanocrystals for multifunctional transparent electrodes.
- Authors: Kang MS, Joh H, Kim H, Yun HW, Kim D, Woo HK, Lee WS, Hong SH, Oh SJ
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 4
- Computational Investigation of the Morphology, Efficiency, and Properties of Silver Nano Wires Networks in Transparent Conductive Film.
- Authors: Han F, Maloth T, Lubineau G, Yaldiz R, Tevtia A
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 30
- High quality transparent conductive Ag-based barium stannate multilayer flexible thin films.
- Authors: Wu M, Yu S, He L, Yang L, Zhang W
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 7
- Transparent metallic fractal electrodes for semiconductor devices.
- Authors: Afshinmanesh F, Curto AG, Milaninia KM, van Hulst NF, Brongersma ML
- Issue date: 2014 Sep 10
- Metallic Nanowire-Based Transparent Electrodes for Next Generation Flexible Devices: a Review.
- Authors: Sannicolo T, Lagrange M, Cabos A, Celle C, Simonato JP, Bellet D
- Issue date: 2016 Nov