KAUST Grant NumberKUS-C1-018-02
Online Publication Date2011-08-02
Print Publication Date2011-09-05
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598940
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractForget-me-not: Nanoparticle fillers in shape-memory polymers usually improve mechanical properties at the expense of shape-memory performance. A new approach overcomes these drawbacks by cross-linking the functionalized poly(ethylene glycol) tethers on silica nanoparticles (see picture). Copyright © 2011 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationAgarwal P, Chopra M, Archer LA (2011) Nanoparticle Netpoints for Shape-Memory Polymers. Angew Chem Int Ed 50: 8670–8673. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/anie.201103908.
SponsorsThis work was supported by Award No. KUS-C1-018-02, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), and by the National Science Foundation, Award No. DMR-1006323. Facilities available though the Cornell Center for Materials Research (CCMR) were used for this study.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Formation of CdS nanoparticle necklaces with functionalized dendronized polymers.
- Authors: Zhang Y, Chen Y, Niu H, Gao M
- Issue date: 2006 Nov
- Anionic surfactant with hydrophobic and hydrophilic chains for nanoparticle dispersion and shape memory polymer nanocomposites.
- Authors: Iijima M, Kobayakawa M, Yamazaki M, Ohta Y, Kamiya H
- Issue date: 2009 Nov 18
- Ordering of binary polymeric nanoparticles on hydrophobic surfaces assembled from low volume fraction dispersions.
- Authors: Mukhopadhyay R, Al-Hanbali O, Pillai S, Hemmersam AG, Meyer RL, Hunter AC, Rutt KJ, Besenbacher F, Moghimi SM, Kingshott P
- Issue date: 2007 Nov 7
- Size-dependent assemblies of nanoparticle mixtures in thin films.
- Authors: Kao J, Bai P, Lucas JM, Alivisatos AP, Xu T
- Issue date: 2013 Feb 6
- Evaporative self-assembly of single-chain, polymeric nanoparticles.
- Authors: van Roekel HW, Stals PJ, Gillissen MA, Hilbers PA, Markvoort AJ, de Greef TF
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 18